Used 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Volkswagen Jetta

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

My 1st V-Dubb
By Dennis

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Waited 4 months for an '08 Accord coupe. Walked into the v. W. Dealer, drove the auto and made the deal for the 6 spd. Love driving the car; feels like a lot more expensive car. There should be more creature comforts on this quality of build. Just picked the car up on 7/28 so haven't really "driven" the car yet. The couple of time I've gotten on it a bit lets me know the car surely feels a lot stronger than I thought it would. By the way, my reliability rating of 5 is because I haven't had the car long enough to rate it fairly. Oh, how I wish I could "rate" the dealership too!

The entire package; tho the design is truly frumpy. The rear "wing" helps the design a bit.

Auto headlights, electric buckets,built in garage door opener and splash guards should be original equipment. Dump the ridiculous,glaring fuel gage-center dash. This crappy seating material should be leather in this class. I don't know about any other W.E. but mine has a SORRY,SORRY sounding stereo

Quality design over other sedans
By RyanZ

2008 Volkswagen Jetta S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This inline 5 cylinder out performs all other sedans I test drove. It's just a fun car to drive even though it doesn't get the greatest gas mileage. The interior layout and speaker system is another great advantage over other makes out there. This car looks more sporty that the rest of the pack as well.

Sound system, steering wheel feel at high speeds, safety of braking system and air bags, and the turn signal triple light up is great for changing lanes.

Steel wheels with hub caps should be a thing of the past for all vehicle manufactures. Trying to replace the air filter with an aftermarket part was a real pain.

Don't Buy the 2.5!
By rgtreste

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Do NOT buy the 2.5! If you do, you are selling yourself short. I owned one for 8 months before realizing how awful the gas mileage is: 21mpg in the city/hwy. NOT COOL! I traded up for a Wolfsburg 2.0T and absolutely love it, not to mention it gets much better fuel economy. Another thing i didn't like about the 2.5 was the loud engine, especially at start-up, that sound isn't even heard in the new TDI. Another positive note: i drove this car for 12 hours to Fl. and did not feel tired and worn out when i got there. This car is way comfortable.

Fast, powerful, comfortable, sleek, moderate to good fuel economy...

Include the MPG display....

Glad we bought the Wolfsburg
By ndmike88

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Only have had the car for 3 weeks (500 miles). It's fun to drive, looks great, and is roomy inside. Looks like a car that costs $1,000's more than it does. We were going to buy an '08 Malibu LTZ but decided on the Wolfsburg instead. (More standard features and cheaper price.)

Turbo, XM radio, sunroof

fog lights, rear window wiper, auto- adjusting front seats.

Bad ergonomics
By Small Woman

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Trying to downsize from a minivan, my husband picked out this car. I did test drive the car, but what can you tell in 15 minutes? It is totally ergonomically incorrect for my size - 5'. If I ran the world, all cars would have adjustable pedals, as they are a godsend for short drivers. The telescoping steering wheel is not enough. The gas pedal is very stiff and is causing knee pain. The seating arrangement - you have to recline - also causes me back pain, even though the seats are nice and supportive. I am not looking forward to driving this car in the snow - too much zip and no all wheel drive. All that said, my husband loves the car. He is a normal size and loves racing.

Instruments are fairly intuitive and easy to use. Daytime running lights are a nice feature. Love the sun/moon roof. Power is good for getting out of situations. Huge trunk.

Adjustable pedals that aren't hard as rocks. More standard features such as trip information, i.e., mpg. Even my minivan had that! Real leather. All power seat. What's up with the crank and pump? For the money, it is lacking in a lot of areas.