Used 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

VW Jetta
By Helen

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Love it love it love it. My experience has been all positive-it handles well hugs the road. Mileage is as one would expect with a 2.5 engine-glad to see they are starting to import diesels these are the way to go for fuel efficiency and the reason Europeans are getting 50+ miles to the gallon! It also feels SOLID-I feel safe in this small car. Enormous space in the trunk. My only negative comment would have to be when it rains and the window is open you get wet!

Feels solid with extras in the basic model which makes it feel like a more expensive car.

Improve the windows to stay dry when window is open.

Full satisfaction
By ibdtrader

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have owned my Wolfsburg Jetta 2.0T with the 6Spd DGS Auto since Late July '08. I've been a continuous VW owner for 4 decades and this is hands down the best I have ever owned and driven. If I had to spec a car to all my likes, I couldn't have thought it out any better than VW delivered this one. Oh, and it stops as well as it goes - great brakes! As the car sits stock, it also looks great with the nice factory upgrades such as the wheels, low profile deck spoiler.

Hands down this car is about it's powertrain. The awesome 2.0T mated to the exceptional 6-spd DSG auto is the highlight of the car. Add the great handling and well-balanced chassis design, comfortable seats, power moonroof, and ergonomically designed interior.

As my car came equipped with all that I need, the only other feature I would like is power memory driver's seat and an auto-dim rear view mirror

VW, where have you been all my life?
By PiggyBaby

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Bought my Jetta Wolfsburg in July '08 and have put over 1,500 miles on it. I must say, this is absolutely the 'funnest' car I've ever owned - 6 in the last 10 years. Aside from the '02 BMW 330Ci, all my other purchases have been Japanese made. Looking back, I wish I'd only discovered VW's earlier. The handling and performance of my Jetta Wolfsburg reminds me very much of that BMW 330Ci I once owned, but at less than HALF the price of the Beemer. The Jetta is truly the best VALUE; I've never been so satisfied. I'm getting much more for the price I paid. This car really shines on the highways, as the power and acceleration of the turbo-charged engine is very responsive. Love this car!

CD/MP3 player w/ Premium sound (the speakers ROCK!!!), overall build & quality, 17" low-profile wheels, blinkers on side view mirror

A keyhole for trunk (it appears the only way to open trunk is from button on driver's side door and key remote), a gas cap holder, an automatic driver's car seat with memory settings

Changed My Mind
By Heather

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

When I first purchased this car it was just a car to get from point A to B. Now that I've had it over 4 months I absolutely LOVE this car. After learning how to drive with the S and shifters it is the most fun vehicle I have ever owned. Oil change ran 60 bucks at the dealer. Seems very maintenance friendly. MPG about 25 city driving. I'm not a lead foot so I think it is pretty reasonable. The only thing lacking is that I originally wanted a hatchback to haul stuff. I don't have the storage space I need, but after all it is a sedan. If you are in the market for a sedan definitely check this one out! I wasn't looking for this car it kinda found me. Overall very pleased.

All Interior applications for SEL model. Like the trunk release.

I wanted more trunk space, but this is a sedan. I haven't figured out a way to release the door locks without actually unlocking the key chain/passenger doors. It is kind of annoying, but a safety feature none- the-less.

My Second VW
By vw 4 life

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am also an outside sales rep and chose the '08 Jetta Wolfsburg fully loaded which replaced my '02 Jetta GLS. What an excellent choice for someone on the go. I've racked up 6100 in 3 months and use 91 or higher I'm getting great gas mileage, I love the Sirius radio and the more mature look. I did considered the BMW but thankful I stuck with VW. We are the most loyal owners and I love eating up the traffic as I fly by with my 6-speed triptonic. It's very fun to drive if you need more from your car I suggest stepping upto the Passat. Seriously you can't beat the quality and standard features that most other luxury vehicle build into there series upgrades. Test drive one at your local VW dealer!

The turbo engine, Sirius radio, heated leather seats, sunroof, the rims, the fold out cup holder in the back seat.

For the price I paid I would want the same digital car analysis (how much gas you have left by miles, how much you've used) that the passat offers and also the navigation system should be standard in the wolfsburg.