Used 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Love my Jetta
By Moke

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I've owned this car for two years now and I love it. I haven't had any problems with it at all. I take it to the dealership for the normal service intervals and things are going well. I love all the features, the heated seats, sunroof, and overall feel of the interior.

Heated seats especially in the winter time, fun to drive and reliable.

I wish you could control your ipod through the sound system... I always forget to turn it off when I leave the car and it dies.

REAR BRAKE ISSUE
By ron langdon jr

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought this car when I retired. Overall nice car for it's class. Enjoy driving. The 30m oil change & service was about $300. Wife's Volvo was about same cost. Dealer note on bill, "needed to have rear brake job done est $300 to $350. I've owned many cars in my life,never remember having a brake job on any. Not happy with this.

Looks- inside and out. This W/addition has lots of extra features for a good cost compared others of same class

Apparently better rear brakes.

Bad in snow!
By omahajetta

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have leased this Jetta and I think it is a great-looking car and fun to drive...when it isn't snowing or wet. I'm not sure what the issue is. I've driven in NE snow/weather for 20yrs and this is THE WORST car I have had for snow. If there is some magic button I need to press, I wish someone would let me know. The dealer here is terrible...it takes forever to get an oil change. My trunk lift broke 4mos after getting the car, and the dealer had the nerve to ask "what did you do to it?" Like I took a bat to it or something. They weren't going to repair the foot long scratch to the paint on the inside of the lid because "it didn't show". I'm not sure if I would get a VW again.

Looks.

Bad Brakes
By richard minor

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My 2007 Jetta at 27000 miles had to have rear pads replaced and rotors turned. Dealer says this is normal for this car. Cost of repair was 270 dollars. I see nothing normal about this. Seems very premature for brake job and very expensive.

2007 Wolfburg 42K miles
By swkohnle

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have driven my 2007 Jetta with 5 sp manual for 42K miles without any issues. It get's serviced at my VW dealer only at the required intervals. I follow the dealer service recommendations. I love this car. I have it detailed every 4 months. I drive between NY and Pittsburgh every 4 to 6 weeks and love the comfort and reliability this car has provided me. This is my 3rd VW having had a 2000 Passat, and a 2003 Jetta TDI. Both I drove over 200K miles.

5 speed manual stick, heated seats, highway handling.

Sunroof wind noise when open, mileage around town, should have 18" wheels rather than 16".