Used 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

love my dub
By johnny

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have had the car for 25,000 trouble free miles now and have enjoyed all the car has done for me. Installed drop in k&n filter in place of factory filter and this helps car to breath better and gives car better tip in throttle response, especially when a/c is in operation. Replaced rear pads at 23,000 miles which should be covered under warranty but is not. VW needs to cover this issue under warranty. As long as you take your vw to dealer to be serviced, and drive it in low rpm range when cold you should not have problems with this car, as I have had no problems with my previous jettas. Also volkswagens aren't supposed to stand and warm up, drive off immediately after starting!

firm seats are good for my back, heated seat to warm me after skiing, esp in snowy conditions, side mirror heaters, washer fluid heaters, attention to detail that some don't notice or appreciate. Solid feel at any speed.

wind noise at sunroof, which however can be eliminated with factory wind deflector. Lower cost of oil changes, and overall cost of parts. This is not an inexpensive car to own and operate. VW covers almost nothing under warranty.

air bag problem
By bc

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have had the car for 2 yrs. And I have already had to replace the clock spring in the steering wheel. The rear pads wear out so fast do to to abs and electronic stability control. It controls the the car by applying the rear brakes

it is what i would expect from a german car.

2 Years & 40K
By Joe

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Overall the car has been reliable, but several problems have developed. First, it developed a bad smell due to mold in the A/C condensor. Lysol didn't work so I had to take it apart and clean it with bleach. Now we turn the A/C off a few miles before arriving at our destination and let the condensor dry. Then the lifts on the trunk wore out, which means the lid doesn't automatically open anymore. The third problem is a mild ticking sound from an exhaust manifold leak. It's not too bad since I can only hear it when accelerating moderately onto the freeway. Fortunately, it doesn't appear to be getting worse. I'm debating if I should take it to the dealer, lest something else get screwed up.

Power is adequate and can be prone to smoking the tires for some distance with the ESP traction control off. I found this out by accident one day when I decided to see if the ESP made any difference. I think the car is more fun with it turned off. What do you think:) Car has lots of cool features.

1) The seats could be softer as they are a little too firm for long trips. 2) Rear brakes throw off too much brake dust, though they seem to be wearing normally. 3) Headlights should turn off when ignition is turned off. 4) Next time don't tell the wife about what happens when you turn off the ESP

Good but not Great
By Justin

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my dads car. I drive it all the time, but i also drive my moms 2007 rabbit which I prefer to drive. The Jetta just doesn't stop like the rabbit at all. And it doesn't accelerate. The steering is almost the same but not quite as good as the rabbit. Overall I think that it is a good car but not great.

Leather, Sunroof, and Stock Stero

Much better brakes and maybe a bigger engine for the cars size.

Best Bang For The Buck
By Bill Baker

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the looks even after hearing about problems with this car. I am so happy with this car and all it hasdone for me. I live where it snows 3 to 4 months out of the year and it dose a great job. I get 30mpg on the open road. And this car has a fit and finsh of a 40,000 car. I am sorry to say that I sell cars for a living and I did not buy some thing I sell. Happy Happy Jetta Owner

Standard Sunroof,Heated Mirrors,Side Air Bags,Leather,Heated Seats and Heated Windshield Washers....All Part of the Wolfsburg Pak.

Better Heater, Sat Radio, Remote Start