Used 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Better than expected
By MAJikMARCer

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Fahrenheit GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my third VW and my second GLI and it has not disappointed. I love the car and even the bright yellow color (though it wasn't my first choice). One of the other reviewers (a fellow Nebraskan) had trouble in the snow. I have not. I bought snow tires for the winter and didn't have any trouble at all. The DSG transmission would get 'stuck' when first starting out in very cold temperatures, but otherwise no mechanical problems at all.

Mileage! This car is fast and fun, yet still gets 24 city and 30 hwy. Not bad for as much fun as it is!

The Fahrenheit Yellow paint is very fragile and chips easily, but worse, road tar seems to stain it. I would have expected a much higher quality paint job from VW.

VW not worth it!!!
By richard

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have a 2007 VW Jetta and I have to say that I have had the worst experience possible with this car. I have had the fan replaced with in the first year of purchase, rear rotters and brake pads replaced (only at 43,000 which cost $400). I have had electrical problems with the vehicle numerous times. Had to take it in for repair when the transmission started slipping out of gear. For some strange reason the tires had issues holding pressure even though VW said nothing was wrong... but yet the tire pressure light kept coming on. The dealership gave me a list of what they call normal maintenance for 43,000 miles. Here it is: Pollen Filter, Gas Filter, Spark Plugs ect.ect. $2,000 total! Hate car

Service! Service! Maintenance! Over all quality!

This car is on Steroids
By Nick

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Fahrenheit GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Amazing, this car drives realy great, looks great, very very fast, front seats are comfortable, rear seats I give them 50%, gear shift is so smooth easy. I love it,

6 spead, turbo, looks, every thing.

rear seats, some how make them more comfortable.

Brake Issues
By VIP

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Had to replace pads and rotor only at 15K miles. Dealer said that this is normal. I just think 15K is still not that much miles to worry about your brakes. My other cars usually get up to about 30K to 35K miles. The repair is also very costly. $419. This is my first time to own a VW and probably my last too. The car drives great though but maintaining it would be quite expensive.

Handling and performance are great.

Definitely improve brake issues.

luv my jetta!
By bklyngal

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is a great car for the price. I bought it pre-owned and consistently drive it everyday. The car now has 38,000 with no problems (knock on wood).The steering on this car is tight and hugs the road. None of the other cars I test drove such as, the mazda3 and corolla could compare to the solid feel the Jetta has. This is a classy looking car and it turns heads, not to mention it's fun to drive. If you want a good looking car with style and great steering, get this car-you won't be sorry!

Looks, solid feel while driving, great steering and firm seats.

Lower cost of oil changes, and overall cost of parts and accessories. Put the radio buttons on the steering wheel on all jetta models.