Used 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

So far, so good!
By ccarbone22

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought my first VW on a whim in September. I was apprehensive of the infamous VW "quality" issues, but went ahead and got it anyways. So far, I have absolutely no regrets at all. The car is a lot of fun to drive, looks great and is comfortable. The interior quality is impeccable-on par or better than BMWs and Audis. I've driven it 7,000 trouble-free miles so far, and hope it stays that way. I am admittedly still holding my breath waiting for a problem to pop up- hopefully this VW will prove me wrong!

The interior. The design and quality of the interior are amazing. The leatherette is a nice feature too. Who needs real leather when you can have something just as good?

The automatic could shift a little better-it's a bit clunky and harsh at times.

Smooth operator
By big guy cool car

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I always wanted a Volkswagen ever since my brother got one. I finally got a jetta wolfsburg and I love it. When you want to hit the ground running it responds immediately. One of the main reasons why I went with this car rather than a Honda is because I love the expensive look of the car, the little details and strong sheet metal that holds it all together. I recommend this car to all my friends.

Sunroof, blue and red dashlights, build quality, leather look alike, tons of standard features, sound system the small but powerful engine and I kind of like the loud exhaust note.

Bring back the key fob window operator, that's it.

Evo 8 to Jetta GLI
By TucsonDesertRat

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Well, you may think I'm crazy going from high-performance to economical but, this car still holds to the same fun as the EVO 8 w/o the speed or the cops always looking your way. I choose the GLI because of it great features it offers the features of a BMW 3 Series without the sticker price and you get all the extras that the EVO didn't have! GREAT gas mileage! The in-dash display that almost tells you everything about your cars status is pretty cool too! I'll miss the HP and torque of my EVO but, not the highschool kids always trying to race me! ;-) Good job VW!!

I enjoy the heated seats, and the 6- disc cd play and the in-dash display that gives that status of your car. The GLI has good pick-up for 200hp turbo!

With this being a turbocharged vehicle, I would suggest room for an intercooler and a performance exhaust. All said and done its great!

My First Jetta
By Bruce

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was somewhat hesitant to purchase a VW because of everything I had read regarding the quality of the car, but I was pretty much sold after a test drive. The 2.0T has much better performance, exterior styling, in addition to what I believe is higher quality interior materials than the other cars I was considering (e.g. Accord, Camry, Altima). The only weakness I can see so far is the fuel mileage and the car's requirement for premium gas. The car has been averaging about 22-23 mpg in mostly city driving. While this is in line with the EPA ratings I had expected better. I haven’t done any long distance highway driving with the car yet so I can’t comment on the highway performance.

Turbocharged engine, heated seats.

Improve the fuel mileage.

My Baby Girl
By Ben Cooper

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Since my husband has purchased my 2007 Jetta, it has been the best experience I have had. This care is the compact and fast. The take off is awesome.I drive to and from work which is about 13 miles. It's the smoothest ride for such a small car. After having it for two years I will trade it in for another VW Passat.

The inside interior is smooth leather and in interior lights are great. The automatic power window for front and back.

There should be power seats and standard navigation system.