Used 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

You can tell it is a german car!
By Franco

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

After test driving some Japanese makes (you can imagine which ones), I finally made it to the VW dealer, and it felt like I had been driving go- karts all day! This felt so solid and drove so well. I loved the tiptronic transmission and the VW signature blue and red display on the dashboard! The mileage this car gives is also very respectable. This was the last car I test drove. The 6'6" salesman opened the driver's door wide open when we got back to the dealer, hung himself from the door for about 7 seconds, and then closed the door. It closed as if nothing had happened. He looked at me, smiled and said: "Do not try this on a Japanese!" I thought this was a funny remark. I love my Jetta!!!

The sunroof presets, the tiptronic transmission, the solid feel when driving, the easy to maintain leatherette seats that heat in less than a minute in the winter. I also love the blue and red display.

Optional premium sound system (unavailable when I bought mine), make it a bit lower for more of a sporty feel.

What is everyone thinking?
By Holly Pryor

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have been reading everyone's reviews about how they love this car. Personally I have not had a good experience. I have had a knocking noise that sounds like it is coming from the dash on the passenger side that sounds off every 1 min and 15 sec. The airbag warning light stays on, the brake warning light stays on, the signal warning light stays on, and periodically the power steering light comes on and the steering acts crazy. I have already replaced the rear brakes at 20,000 miles when supposedly the rear brakes only get used 25% of the time. I have already been to the dealer twice. I need a car that I can depend on as a single mother and this car is definitely not it.

Most reliable friend I have!
By Devin Christiansen

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is MY first VW, and my family's twelfth, so I am a little biased on my love for the car. The fit and finish is luxury level, the ride quality is (for me) close enough to my old 3- series BMW that I can't justify the added expense of the BMW anymore. The only complaint I have is the rear brakes which seems to be a common complaint here. I will say this though, having had to replace the pads nearly every oil change, I will continue to pay for that hydraulic braking system. That braking system has saved my life on LA freeways more times that I care to admit! This is one of those cases of parts bin engineering but when your parts bin is "hand-me-downs" from Porsche...

Just about everything...and that sexy growl when accelerating!

Not so sure an inline 5 is more efficient than the turbo 4. Just dunno. Oh. And the brakes. More time in R&D.

Awesome Ride!
By LarryC

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd VW, the first two being a Beetle and Super Beetle I bought back in 1969 and 1973. I've forgotten how much fun VW's are to drive. This car seems quicker than the posted times with smooth as silk shifting. Brakes are going strong after 20K miles. Awesome Ride!

Leatherette heated seats, heated mirrors and huge trunk space.

An IPOD plug into port in the center console as standard equipment, a shark fin style antenna with the fm tuner. 17" wheels as standard instead of the 16" and maybe a little stiffer ride and tuned exhaust. Bring it closer to a GTI/GLI

VW for life
By Polaris

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Always liked the Bug when I was growing up, so when it was time to buy a new car in 2006, we took a chance on the new Jetta. The car is awesome in every way. Looks, handling, reliability, everything. The car is built for people who like to drive, it is so fun. Got into a bad accident with it earlier this year, not a scratch on me, plus its fixed and like new. Love it!

ALL