Used 2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 278 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

New to VW
By Nalani

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I just bought my car this year and so far so good. We noticed the headliner coming off and the dealership fixed it under warranty. I do notice a knocking noise, sounds like it's coming from the trunk. I tease my son and tell him it's the other passenger trying to get out. Everytime I've had an issue the dealership has been the best. It handles great and fun to drive. My husband drove it to work one day and he loved it. I was just looking for something simple and got more then expected.

I love the navigation/radio. I like that it is roomy for everyone. I love my sunroof.

Make the arm rest a little sturdier. There is a hesitation when pushing the gas after a hard stop.

Ok Car would'nt buy another one
By BThompson

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Lots of electrical problems with my car. Drivers door lost power and couldnt get into the trunk and also couldnt get any Gas could not open gas door. need manual leaver for trunkand gas door had to crawl into trunck and pull part of the interior out to pop gas tank from intide the trunk, when there is no power.My AC blew at 27,000km had to replace the whole unit, read defrost quit working

Looks great, drives nice, handles great really liked with the exception of all the electrical problems.

Up grade electrical system, back up manual tunck leaver and gas leaver if power failure.

Reverse problem
By Colleen Carney

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased this car today and everything was fine until I tried to get it in reverse. My daughter and I drive manual transmissions, and have never had any trouble until this one. I learned from our good friend Barry that you push down on the gear shift to get it in reverse! I was ready to take the car back to the dealer tomorrow!

nice car
By wisco06vw

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Great car so far. Extremely fun to drive and my friends love it. Only problem I had was the power went out in my drivers door and had to replace the harness, but the warranty covered it.

heated seats, sunroof, wiper blades automatically slow down in 1st gear, interior lights, and the 35% tint all around

All around great car
By Greg

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Some minor interior quality things need to be improved, like the window buttons have started to loose its paint, and homelink transmitter fell off. Over all its a great car. Have not had one bit of problems with it. Doesn't have that great of pick up and go. But has a lot of modification options which I've taken advantage of.

Very stylish, good features

More improvement on quality. Minor things that need improvement.