Used 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 240 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Jetta

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Great Car!
By Farah

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New Value Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I love driving this car! I've had older Toyota Camrys and a Honda Accord...and my 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Value Edition feels so much more powerful. Also, it looks really nice.

MP3 compatible basic cCDplayer. The wipers slow down when you come to a stop light. HUGE trunk.

The gas mileage in the city stinks! I get about 16-18 mpg. The engine is pretty loud when I first start it. The headlights don't automatically turn off if you forget to turn them off.

A Few Kinks, but I Love It!
By cindy

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I traded my Jeep because of gas prices and love this Jetta. I had done earlier research on the Jetta back in late 90's and was not impressed but this year was a completley different car. I love the ride until you have to floor it, would be nice to have a little more pick up and go when needed. I have a driver side sterio speaker issue that I need to fix, the car does start up kinda loud but then it goes away and runs smoothly. The trunk space is GREAT and the numerous other german features are wonderful and I enjoy! I have hit 45-50 miles to the gallon driving wisely, or maybe I just got a good engine.

How the car handles, the color of the main board at night and the main menu, the trunk space and little gadgets, 6 changer CD changer, and multi funtion moonroof.

Fix the loud engine noise that happend when the engine starts. The sterio speakers could use some work. Additional power for better acceleration would be nice.

So Far So Good
By crawling

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I owned an Audi TT before the Jetta. I loved my TT but realized that maybe I couldn't afford it after the warranty runs out. The Jetta is more comfortable than the TT. It rides more smoothly. It just doesn't snap your head back when you put it in third and give it some gas. But still, if I close my eyes when I walk to the car and then get in the Jetta, I am in a luxury Audi TT. It has a nice sound system, sunroof, heated seats, and sweet leather. Enjoy life! I really like this Jetta!

Heated seats, stereo, and smooth, quiet ride.

Fix the bass on the stereo so that the speakers don't vibrate.

My First Jetta
By First VW

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my first VW or import car for that matter. I am a huge fan of the New Jetta, I love all the features. It feels like I am driving a BMW that I paid 50 million dollars for. I purchased the 5-speed 2.5, and my only complaint is that my back gets sore from riding long trips. The seats don't provide much support and are pretty stiff.

The trunk release (opens trunk all the way up) and turn signal on the side mirror.

Make the seats more comfortable, not so stiff.

Totally Outstanding - Love It!
By Jsparks

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car is the best I have ever owned. The Tiptronic is a really sweet option and the rain-sensing wipers are awesome...especially here in Seattle!! The drive is smooth and you can feel the tires grip the road. Driving in the rain on wet pavement with the ESP is like driving on dry pavement. I would recommend this car to everyone that wants a high-end quality vehicle for an affordable price!

Rain sensing wipers, XM radio, tiptronic transmission, seat warmers...and the new 2005 1/2 style provide ample room for adults in the back seat!

None to note...this car rocks!