Used 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 240 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Jetta

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Terrible Car - Will Never Buy One Again
By Della

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought my 2005 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 the first day it was available in Texas - Huge mistake! My car has been in the shop 5 times in 9 months, and the worst thing about it is that I am still having problems. The sunroof has broken twice. The speakers rattle terribly! They have already been fixed once, but I still have the problem. There is a clicking in the dashboard that they supposively fixed (still there). It is an automatic, but I can feel my transmission stick as it goes from gear to gear. The clock doesn't keep accurate time. They were unable to fix either of these problems. When I start the car, it is extremely loud! I am a first time VW buyer, and I can guarantee that I will never buy another!

I like the 6 CD disk changer and the look of the interior.

Everything I mentioned above. Too many problems!

2005 VW Jetta Wagon GLS TDI
By joshdkatz

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GL TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

First of all, my fuel economy is awesome. I have been getting upwards of 40 mpg in combined highway / city driving. It is generally very fun to drive. It has a very smooth and forgiving clutch and shifter. It has good pickup and can go pretty fast. I've had a few problems though. My window on my driver's side fell off the track and needed to be put back on. Thankfully it was covered under warranty. Now, I am developing some trouble with my speakers. But generally, this car is pretty nice.

I like the great gas economy, looks, pick up, and safety features.

It needs a better speaker system, more room in the back seat, and a smaller antenna.

I Love It!
By tfs

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the seventh VW I have owned in my life and it has been the best handling, and most fun to drive of the lot of them. The seat, 6 speed gear box and 18" tires make it a blast to drive in the tight twisty country roads here in Wisconsin. I did get a second set of tires for the long winter months here and it still handles the road fine.

The six speed transmission and the performance 18" tires make this a great handling car.

The stereo could use more power and deeper bass. I'd like to have heated seats and the rear leg room is very limited.

Lovin the Wagon
By dmill

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon is fun to drive and comfortable. I have not had any problems with it. Its smooth ride is excellent on long trips.

The stereo and the fact that everything is within easy reach.

No improvements needed :)

My Third Jetta
By bonnie

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I just traded in my Jetta for the new 2005 Jetta. I love this car! I have owned a 2000 TDI and a 2005 Jetta. What an upgrade from the previous vehicles.

The heated seats and CD changer.

There is always room for better fuel efficiency.