Used 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 239 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Jetta

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

The Swiss Army Knife / Machintosh of Cars
By Nelson

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My New 2005 Jetta is great. It has every gadget I could want, except GPS. It is definitely a car made to bond with the driver. This car hugs the road on curves. It never feels unstable. It's as spacious as a midsize sedan. I bought the Pkg. 2 and have everything I ever thought I'd need in a car and more. It has too many clever standard options to mention. I'm 35 years old, and the new body style suits my taste just fine. It's sporty without appearing that I'm trying to hold on too tightly to age 19. I'm so glad I got out of my gas-guzzling SUV for something smarter. Some say it's pricey, but you really get what you pay for. After all, it's a German VW!

The leather interior, passenger and trunk space, dual heated powered seats w/climate control, Pneumatic lumbar adjustments, the adjustment mechanism for the sunroof, rear window screen, pull-down rear seats, and rain-sensing windshield wipers!

The audio system could be improved, there is some rattling in the doors at higher volumes.

My Jetta
By sad to say

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 new in September. Since then, it has been in the shop for 37 days for cooling problems. I am getting rid of it, it can't be fixed. I really do love the car it's a shame.

The whole package is really nice. I especially like the heated seats, coming home features, and lights under the mirror.

The stereo has too much bass.

Nothin' Betta than a Jetta
By Darryl

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I love everything about this car. It handles great and has outstanding acceleration when you need it. It has a very comfortable ride and is very fun to drive.

I like the auto lights and windshield wipers. Set them and forget them.

Give it more horsepower. You really don't need it but comparing to other vehicles like the Honda Accord, imagine this car with those horses!

Stay Away
By John

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This 2.5 Jetta is the tenth VW we've owned in fifteen years. It is junk. The transmission skips, it will not engage in drive or reverse properly, and there is a dangerous lapse when taking off from a slow down. The rain sensor wipers are terrible. They sometimes wipe when the windshield is dry or won't wipe at all in a downpour. On continuous wipe they go into intermittent (this car does not have it). The climatronic is screwed up. The a/c comes on by itself when temp is set at 70 and it won't turn off. I have been to two dealers and VW service cannot fix anything. The VW area rep has refused to do anymore warranty service. I am filing lemon law and VW is fighting it. I will never buy VW again.

None at this point.

Never buy another VW.

Terrible Car - Will Never Buy One Again
By Della

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought my 2005 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 the first day it was available in Texas - Huge mistake! My car has been in the shop 5 times in 9 months, and the worst thing about it is that I am still having problems. The sunroof has broken twice. The speakers rattle terribly! They have already been fixed once, but I still have the problem. There is a clicking in the dashboard that they supposively fixed (still there). It is an automatic, but I can feel my transmission stick as it goes from gear to gear. The clock doesn't keep accurate time. They were unable to fix either of these problems. When I start the car, it is extremely loud! I am a first time VW buyer, and I can guarantee that I will never buy another!

I like the 6 CD disk changer and the look of the interior.

Everything I mentioned above. Too many problems!