Used 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 161 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Love my Jetta
By VW Jetta Lvr

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have now owned my Jetta for over a year now and have absolutely loved every single minute of owning it AND driving it! I waiting until the body style changed in 2005 to purchase the Jetta since I felt the other style was a little small. The handling is wonderful, the ride is smooth, and I love all of the little extras the VW has put in the car to play with!

I love the dual climate controls, the leather, and the automatic rain-sensing wipers are probably my most favorite! VW pretty much thinks of everything!

I really can't think of anything that I would improve on with this car. I have waited over three years to buy a VW and now that I own one, I most likely will never switch to another car.

Great Car
By John

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has excellent handling, great fuel economy, and is a real blast on twisty roads. The Goodyear tires are great in the wet and dry. The only problem with the summer tires is the need for winter tires and rims. The ride is a little stiff but well worth it when you want to play boy racer. Overall this is an excellent car.

The handling, tires, and transmission.

Jetta Rock(et)
By Van Egmont

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Other than an issue with a sensor this car absolutely rocks. Driving it is so much fun. You can kick back in comfort and cruise or lean forward and rocket past most anything on the road. Ours is a 2005.5 which is the newer model. It came with everything on the newer models but with a lower price. You can't go wrong with a European import!!!!

Tiptronic Transmission Cool looks Driveability/Handling Kickin' Stereo Trick Blue/Red Lights Heated seats are great in winter! =0)

A little more horizontal knee room between the steering wheel and the console. Console storage could be slightly larger. Mudflaps should come standard.

So Far So Good
By Si

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

We bought one of the first New Jettas in 2005 after considering Toyota and Honda, but the interior of the Jetta was far superior. So far the only trouble we've had was a cooling fan that would not stop running and was replaced by the dealer under warranty. There was one surprise: the rear brake pads needed to be replaced at 18,000 miles while the front brake pads looked like new. Beware of the state troopers - the car really comes alive once you pass 80 mph!

The seats, I couldn’t find anything close to the Jetta’s front seats for the money.

The gas mileage is OK, but it could be better.

VW has hit a homerun with the new Jetta
By RDW South Carolina

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We have driven Mercedes diesel autos for fifteen years. my wife got us interested in the Jetta diesel and we made a good decision to buy the VW. it is a pleasure to drive.

We love the body styling, The interior is expensive looking. The sound system is great and I love the XM radio. The diesel engine really has pep. This car provides comfortable highway riding and it is fun to drive.

The exhaust pipe should be extended another 2-3 inches to prevent buildup.