2004 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: VW Jetta are Junk

2004 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

VW Jetta are Junk
By lchilders on

2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in March of 2004 after I lost my 01 honda civic. When I first drove the Jetta I fell in love with all the gadgets, blue light gauges and the comfort of the car itself. But when I bought the car immediately the nightmare began, first a week after I bought the car the bulb went out in the dash below the radio, then my gear shift locked up , my battery went dead after 3 1/2 years of ownership, I had to replace the bulbs in my rear and headlights more than 4 times, my water pump and tachometer needed replacing, my driver side window have twice come off track, armrest is broken, steering wheel is coming apart. 6 years of owning this junk as been a real nightmare.

When I first bought the car everything I loved about this car, now I can't even stand the sight of this car, I love absolutely nothing about this car or the manufacturer that created this car (Volkswagen).

Put some real parts into this car and stop putting cheap parts and equipment into your products and charging an arm and leg to fix problems your organization created, maybe you would not have all these recalls like the ones I keep getting about my particular car. Oh don't buy Volkswagen.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review