Skip to main content

Used Jetta SportWagen for Sale
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons
4.38 out of 5 stars

Overall, Very Happy with the Sportwagen TDI

sylvania3, 02/13/2011
TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I spend lots of time researching and test driving cars, as I am a Mechanical Engineer. It was thus not without lots of contemplation that I purchased a 2011 Sportwagen TDI to replace my 10 year old trusty Honda CRV with 170K miles. Overall, I am happy. Some things are better than I expected, while there are a few minor things that are areas for improvement. This car comes into it's own on long highway trips, where it seems most efficient, and has a solid controlled feel to it. With all the torque from the diesel, the DSG rarely needs to downshift and pulls upgrade hills at 1700rpm like a tractor (the honda by comparison on same roads downshift and wines at 4000rpm)

4.88 out of 5 stars

Blue Tooth needs a Dentist

tinf7jp, 05/22/2011
TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Have had the car for several weeks and like it as much as on day 1. MPG is 40+ and love the huge sunroof. Having had Audi and Mercedes vehicles, we have good perspective for what the vehicle should drive and handle like...and it does so nicely at the much lover price point.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Nice Car

pwagen, 01/23/2011
TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have had this car just over a month. I am really surprised at how much I like it. I am getting 42MPG per tank. I am not trying to save fuel and I don't baby the car. This includes commuting to work and several trips around town. I drive around 75 to 80 MPH avarage on the turnpike. I have the manual transmisson. The car really has some low end power going through the gears. The seats and interior are very compartable. I have received comments from everyone that has been in the car on the quality of the interior. I went to test drive the Golf TDI and saw this sitting next to it. This car is like mini mercedes! Go test drive this before you buy a Prius or other high MPG car!

4.63 out of 5 stars

Forget the sedan, try this first

emajor, 06/27/2011
S 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This wagon is versatile and refined. We've carried furniture, huge Rubbermaids, not possible with a sedan. Tons of cargo room when you need it, drives just like the sedan when you don't. Handling is responsive, the steering has a nice feel and heft to it, and the ride is comfortable without being too soft or sloppy. Supportive seats, perfect driving position. Interior is way too nice for a $20K car. Strong 5 cylinder engine with lots of torque down low. Gets 29-34 mpg highway. Nice clutch and shifter. Test drove the TDI, nice engine, but didn't feel it was worth the additional $5000. 13,000 miles and no problems yet. As long as it stays reliable, I will have no regrets.

4.88 out of 5 stars

'11 TDI SportWgn

coloradotdiwgn, 07/13/2011
TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I bought my TDI Sportwagon about 2 months ago and have over 2k mi on it. I am very pleased. Living in Colorado, it goes over the passes with vigor. I get consistently high 30 mpg in town and high 40's on the interstate (usually around 80 mph). The interior is nice except a little cramped for larger occupants who were used to my monster Touareg V10 TDi I traded in. I would have liked a few features I had on my Touareg on this like the keyless/touch handle entry, automatic dimming rear view mirrors and 4motion. The fuel economy without having a hybrid covers my wants for the other features. I have changed out the wheels/tires to 18'. The others were a little boatie in emergency maneuvers.

12345...12