Used 2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback

View reviews for a specific GTI model:

2010 - GTI
By gerard bu

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased the GTI as a commuter car. Own a 911, lx 470 and a bmw 330i convertible.looking for something fun while economical and well built. My car has a DSG which I am impressed with the quickness of its shift. When you down shift the engine revs up a bit. If you use the down shifting to reduce speed on steep down hills you need to account those few seconds of speeding up before it starts to slow down. On making aggressive turns feels a bit nose heavy and u need to down shift if you want to punch it out of the turn, else there is a bit of delay. Handling is fun not as neutral as the bmw 330i get 25/32 mpg. finish and comfort is above my exp. The room inside is also above my exp

The seats are great!.The lack of auto climate settings is not missed. There is a vent in the center for the rear passengers that are very convenient. There is also a reading light for the rear passengers . The navigation is at times a bit bit confusing when it provides you with the 3 options

I would like a bit stiffer suspension for better cornering. Overall I am very please every time I drive it, and as my urban assault vehicle I could not ask for better.

This GTI rocks
By HPinRI

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned 2 GTI's, a Mark I and a Mark II, then went to BMW's until I got sick of the maintenance expense and bought a very reliable (and boring) Camry Hybrid. When I saw the new Mark VI, it just spoke to me. I was slightly anxious about quality after a bad experience with my wife's Touareg and her Jetta before that. But, Consumer Reports had good things to say, and Automobile magazine, and every other publication I read. I'm happy to report that build quality is amazing - this car feels like a Mercedes... it's solid, fit and finish is exceptional, and it's quiet as a church. The power out of this 4 cylinder is amazing. The interior quality is very high. And it's a blast to drive.

Love the plaid seats (don't waste money on the leather)... the touchscreen Dynaudio stereo looks cool, and sounds even better... the 6 speed manual is crisp and precise... I don't know how I lived without the integrated iPod control... and the engine is an engineering marvel and loads of fun.

The (manual) lumbar support isn't quite as good as I'd like. The turbo lag will take some getting used to, but that's probably because I'm coming from a hybrid which required standing on the accelerator when merging into highway traffic. I often find myself surprised by the extent of the boost.

One week in GTI and all is well!
By krisko

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my 2002 M3 when it hit 100K miles as I new maintenance would start to get expensive. I have NO regrets 'downgrading' to the GTI. I gave up a good bit of power but the GTI is more nimble and fun to drive. The interior features are perfect to me, elegant and highly functional without tech gizmos that are usually not worth the time it takes to learn about them. We love the cloth interlagos (plaid) seats, funky and very comfortable. The exterior styling is a big upgrade from the 2009 model. The car looks more conservative than last year's car, while looking more muscular. And the car is a bit lighter which is always welcomed. This car is a great bargain!

The price is my favorite feature and the 2.0t engine is a close second.

I wish VW would offer a trim level with less options/weight/price. And I would like the manual transmission to be a little more notchy, like BMW's. This tranny is too soft and reminds me of a Honda.

GTI rocks !!!
By Mario

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

If you're looking for pocket rocket, fun, and fuel efficient vehicle look no further. Great quality in and out, could easily get away with an Audi badge. Great powerplant and car manners of a sports car. It simply puts a smile on my face whenever I'm behind the wheel!

If you drive you will buy it
By stluis51

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my Candy White GTI now for 2 weeks. I'm very happy with the purchase. Researched for 6 months and cross shopped civic si, speed3, wrx and after all was said and driven the gti won by far. This car is sporty, quiet, super fun, and spacious. The comfort while driving is almost luxury car like but still very capable. Fuel economy is also very good for a car this fun. Nice shifter. Only option worth getting are the xenons and rubber mats. The rest is overpriced and you really dont need it. Also a consumer reports top pick, automobile mag car of the year. Be sure to haggle got my for $22000 with xenons and free mats also got the 1.9% financing which is awesome. No buyers remorse at all.

Xenons, Bluetooth, Touchscreen radio, plaid seats, seat warmers, steering wheel, looks, comfort, sound of exhaust inside car when you floor it, quiet, xenons lights turn when you turn, and so much fun to drive.

Radio could be more user friendly, plaid interior collects a lot of lint, could use little more power maybe 20hp (can be fixed with upgrades,)xenons should be standard not option, euro lip should also be on US models, lower price for leather option, but all these are minor car is still great.