It's possible to own a practical-minded car and still get a luxury-car-like experience. We think 2017 Volkswagen Golf will impress you with its versatile hatchback design, upscale and well-equipped interior, and turbocharged engine that's both peppy and fuel-efficient.
- Squared-off hatchback design provides lots of room for cargo
- Premium interior materials
- Engine is powerful and fuel-efficient.
- Automatic transmission doesn't shift as responsively or intuitively as we prefer
- Fewer luxury and convenience features offered than on rival hatchbacks.