Used 2000 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews

Used Golf for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons
4.63 out of 5 stars

Give the Golf a chance!

Driver J, 04/30/2003
GLS 4dr Hatchback

I leased a GLS 4-dr Golf and I love it! I drove a Corolla before and now I can't go back to the vanilla style and handling of the Hondas and Toyotas. The only problem I've had is with a faulty oxygen sensor computer. I was expecting this as it seemed to be a flaw on 2000 and early 2001 Golfs and Jettas Otherwise it drive well and I have no complaints. Dealer service in both Wisconsin and Wash DC area has beeen exceptional. No one ever pesters me for extra oil changes, etc. I will probably buy a VW when the lease is up.

4.5 out of 5 stars

BAD,BAD,BAD

SRQ, 03/17/2002
GLS 4dr Hatchback

HAD MANY PROBLEMS W/ A/C UNIT (HAD TO HAVE REPLACED TWICE IN 6 MOS.) DRIVERS WINDOW FELL OUT ( AND I MEAN IT REALLY FELL OUT!). REAR DOOR PANEL MELTED IN THE SUN. ALL THESE THINGS HAPPENED WITHIN 8000 MILES. WHAT A PAIN!!!! THE CAR IS COMFORTABLE AND FUN TO DRIVE, BUT WE ARE NOW SELLING DUE TO THE PROBLEMS AND THE WARRANTY IS RUNNING OUT. WE WILL PROBABLY NEVER BUY A V.W. AGAIN. TOO MANY PROBLEMS AND NOT ENOUGH WARRANTY .WE WILL STICK TO TOYOTA!!!

3.38 out of 5 stars

Adios VW

Pdodge77, 08/25/2003
GL 2dr Hatchback

I bought the Golf because my wife had an 89 Jetta that was built like a tank. The problems didn't start until just before the warranty expired. At 22,000 miles we had to have the engine computer and various sensors replaced. Oil just "disappears" and mileage is about 20mpg. Brakes and water pump went at 40,000, alternator ($600) at 42,000. The plastic parts and glue have been getting worse and worse all summer. I walked out one morning to find the passenger side trim just hanging (thank god for crazy glue). We're taking a loss and trading it in for a Toyota Matrix. Don't know if I'll trust the Germans ever again...

5 out of 5 stars

don't support saudi arabia? buy this car

824, 06/01/2004
GLS TDi 4dr Hatchback

Burns Biodiesel -- product of soybeans grown in USA.

2.13 out of 5 stars

THIS CAR JUST STINKS

LNS, 05/11/2002
GLS 4dr Hatchback

I HATE THIS CAR! NUMEROUS PROBLEMS FROM DAY ONE. AC HAS BEEN WORKED ON TWICE, I GOT A NEW RADIO/CD PLAYER, THE WINDOW FELL IN THE DOOR, PROBLEMS WITH THE BLINKER AND I BELIEVE THERE IS A CLUTCH PROBLEM BUT VW INSISTS IT'S FINE. PLUS OTHER ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS. I HAD A HEARING SET UP WITH THE BBB AND VW OFFERED THE 5YR/72K MILE EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR FREE.THE WARRANTY IS A VERY SMALL TOKEN CONSIDERING WHAT A LEMON IT IS. IT'S ONE OF THOSE CARS THAT THE PROBLEMS HAPPEN FOR YOU AND YOU ONLY. THE DEALERSHIPS CAN NEVER DUPLICATE IT. I WILL NEVER BUY A VW AGAIN. I WILL STICK TO HONDA!!!

12345...15