2018 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Golf SportWagen model:

Drivers car
By IM

2018 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen TSI SEL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife needed a new car. I gave her an option of Honda CRV or the Sportwagen and she chose the latter, perceiving CRV as old woman's car. I chose SEL for adaptive cruise control and we got it for $5k below list price. My wife likes keyless entry (and closing), button start, automatic lights and wipers, dual climate control, navigation system that can be easily set without a phone, 12 way seat adjustment with 2D lumbar controls and automatically dimming rear mirror. She likes the car stability when it is glued to the road. She likes that everything works well. She even liked the sunroof when driving through the mountains. I like the adaptive cruise control and that the acceleration is effortless with minimal (and pleasant) engine noise. A bit concern is some road noise on bad surfaces, probably due to Cinturato P7 (not Plus) tires but it is not worse than the CRV or Volvo V60.

LOTS of BANG for the BUCK!
By Sean

2018 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen TSI S 4Motion 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I’ve come to VW after 15 years with Volvo, out of financial necessity— as well as styling. My new VW 4Motion Sportwagen checks all the boxes— I’m now calling it The Poor Man’s Volvo! I honestly can’t believe VW can build this car for under $30K— thats WAY under $30K! A little internet searching lead me to a smoking deal at a dealer outside Boston. Well worth the drive from Connecticut, for a deal $5200off sticker!!! This car is awesome beyond words— yes, it’s the base wagon, with 4motion— which is all I honestly wanted. It’s truly a chic little wagon, looks like tens of thousands more than it costs, and I can’t beleive I’m thinking this: I can’t wait for snow! It’s my first all-wheel-drive and I finally will have confidence to be out and about when the snow flies. If you’re looking for something so much more in every way than a Subaru— for thousands less— take a look at the new Golf Sportwagen. No one can beleive how little I paid for it— a friend thought it was the small BMW wagon.

Sport Wagen says it all
By pete

2018 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen TSI S 4Motion 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is a sports car with a work horse heart. I use it to haul everything. Add a roof rack and its like having a pickup truck. it handles great. takes curves fast accelerates great has a super DSG transmission perfectly matched to the engine. you will like it. actually averaged over 38 MPG in a 60 mile highway trip this week