Used 2015 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen Diesel Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Golf SportWagen for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

I love this car more everyday!

Taj, 09/18/2015
TDI S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I enjoy driving. I've owed several cars, 4 VW's over 30 years, never a diesel. Last was a 2004 Jetta that I thought was the greatest. Recently I was seriously considering a 2015 Mazda3 5-door. Then I decided I had better go drive a couple VW's before buying anything. Drove a new Golf TSI and thought it was incredible. Then I drove this TDI Sportwagen. What a great car! I had never driven a TDI before. After test driving around town and on the highway, I had to have it. I opted for the TDI wagon, but I certainly would have been thrilled to drive away in any manual Golf. Didn't try any automatic transmissions. The response of the TDI feels wonderful, it's a great engine. Add MPG's and it was the obvious choice for me. I couldn't be happier with this car. UPDATE: OK, the diesel thing was announced a month after I bought this thing. I think VW is making the best cars in this range. I don't know if anything comes close to how much car I got for the money. I do t want to surrender this car, and I don't think I'll have to, but I've never owned a better car and I plan on driving this one forever (as I also know I may not be able to get another one). UPDATE 9/17: My opinions have not changed about this car. VW gave me back 1/3 of its price, so now I'm even happier about my purchase.

Great car (aside from the emissions...)

JPKANT, 10/14/2015
TDI SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Have owned the car 5 weeks and driven 2200 miles. I really like it, but certainly feel conflicted because of the VW emissions scandal. Traded in an Accord which was nice, but pretty boring. Sportwagen is fun to drive, very responsive and quiet on the road, even at high speed. Getting around 46 mpg (nearly all hwy). Excellent visibility and very easy to get in and out of. We opted for the SEL due to better seats and dual climate. I have a back issue and I would rate the seat comfort at 9 out of 10. A little more lower support would be perfect for me. The ride is firm but well tuned and is better than the Accord. The low profile tires no doubt contribute to the firm ride but the handling is great. Love the engine and DSG trans which shifts well. When you step on the gas, the car has no problem getting you up to speed. Everything remains to be seen after the emissions recall.

How does this not catch on?

tomtom123, 06/30/2015
TDI SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Bought a new fully loaded diesel sportwagen. First and foremost: This car is MUCH faster than its HP suggests. The diesel pulls effortlessly and is very quiet. The gas engine is good, but this engine is something I've never experienced before and I come from a 2015 GTI (this is our second VW). The panoramic sunroof makes it feel like your car is almost a convertible. Diesel is so fuel-efficient it is crazy. I was afraid of the UREA scrub, but its like adding windshield washer fluid - so simple. The reason I was so drawn to VW in the first place - it feels MUCH more expensive than its price tag suggests and has a soul to it. Its not boring like the cute 'ute competition.

The car we have been waiting for.

Masako Wada, 07/26/2015
TDI SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

You can read the magazine reviews they pretty much tell the story (its a winner). Our 2015 VW TDI Sport wagon is our new road trip car. The TDI engine with the DSG gearbox is a great high speed highway cruiser that gets awesome fuel economy: every tree huggers dream. Looks like VW has almost resolved diesel gate with the EPA and DOT, they have a fix, now VW has to get it approved. There maybe TDI's for sale in 2017.? Meantime we still love ours. What a car.!

no other car in its class

MST, 08/01/2015
TDI SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

This car is miles ahead of the previous Jetta wagon. I opted for the optional lighting package really gives the car a high end feel.