How does 292 horsepower sound? In a car as small as the 2016 Volkswagen Golf R, it should sound pretty good. The Golf R commands a costly premium over the regular GTI, but you get all-wheel drive and a lot more power in the deal. Read on to learn what else might make the Golf R the performance-minded hot hatch for you.
- Impressive all-wheel-drive performance
- Civilized ride quality, even on rough roads
- Interior is fitted with high-quality materials
- Hatchback design means generous cargo capacity
- Admirable fuel economy for such a fast car.
- Debatable value relative to regular GTI.