Are you searching for a quick and sporty compact hatchback that's also easy to drive every day? Check out the 2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI. We think it has the performance chops you expect, plus a refined demeanor that fully justifies the car's price.
- Turbocharged engine provides quick acceleration and good fuel economy
- Sporty handling makes it fun to drive around turns
- Versatile and roomy hatchback design
- High-quality interior materials that look and feel great.
- Dual-clutch automatic transmission's lack of responsiveness in slow-moving traffic
- Not as powerful as rivals at the same price point
- Optional summer tires produce a moderately stiff ride quality.