Used 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI

View reviews for a specific Golf GTI model:

Great commuter
By Denny

2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Autobahn 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I love this car, it is my daily driver and the interior is extremely comfortable. For the price point, I really have no complains. It is a hatchback, FWD, so don't expect it to be as fast as a Ferrari. realistically, it is a very good car.

If your going to buy a VW you better buy two.
By RNB

2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI S w/Performance Package 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

40K miles: Engine failure - VW assists with payment for blasting the intake valves. 50K miles the headliner falls down. 60K Miles ABS goes out, $2000. 85K complete motor failure.

Lives up to its reputation in every way
By Stig's Pal

2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Autobahn w/Performance Package 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Just coming up on the three-year mark with the GTI (with performance package) and I love it every bit as much as the first day. It is everything I hoped it would be in terms of acceleration and handling - and I had high expectations. The odometer is closing in on 45,000 miles and the GTI has been trouble free. So far, just routine oil changes. Haven't even had to replace brake pads. However, early on I did replace the original all-season tires with summer tires and bought a second, mounted set of winter tires. I wish I had known that it could have been ordered with summer tires to begin with. I must say that the technology does leave a bit to be desired. Only one USB port and needed a special adapter to connect my iPhone to entertainment system. I got the navigation but wouldn't buy it again. My iPhone nav is much better.

Warranty is worthless, services insanely expensive
By Matt

2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

If I had to do it all over again I would not have purchased my 2015 GTI. The warranty covers nothing. I have had a speaker fail twice. The second one I paid for. The speaker repair was 500.00. I had to replace the cutch due to the salve cilynder failing and polluting the clutch with brake fluid, that was a 2400.00 repair event though the car was still under warranty. Volkswagen considers all clutch components a wear item no matter how low the mileage is on your car. Two wheel sensors failed. 90.00 each. Rear spoiler came lose. Valve cover gasket oil leak. I just completed the 40k service for close to 1000.00. The last repair was replacing a leaking break caliper. Mechanically the car is junk in my opinion. I wouldn't consider another Volkswagen.

Miss my Autobahn
By atx1980

2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Autobahn 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Had my GTI 4dr Autobahn for just over 2 years and 2 months and put almost 32,000 miles on it. "Repaired" a few times for a suspension creaking noise that couldn't be diagnosed/fixed. However, the car was awesome. Great stereo, great gas mileage (Austin commute 45 miles daily; mostly hwy avg 28 mpg), great pick up, comfortable seats. The DSG can be jerky when driving in slow stop and go traffic, but you learn to minimize it after some time. Similarly, you learn how to manipulate the slow acceleration response in stop and go traffic. Typically, these are non-issues. The Pirelli tires did become very noisy around 25,000 miles even though I had around 1/2 the tread left. I traded it in for a different vehicle because the vehicle can be pricey to maintain. My 20K miles service was around $200, and the 30k service was over $200. The next service at 40K miles is outrageous due to the DSG flush. Hindsight, I should have bought a new GTI and got rid of it before 40K miles. Live and learn.