Used 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack Wagon Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Golf Alltrack for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Just what I wanted.

Jonathan Berg, 01/01/2017
TSI S 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great road handling. Outstanding in snow/ice. I love the iPhone display on the car's display (car play). Not great acceleration, but I didn't expect or need that. Shifting gears is a little sluggish and there's a barely audible transmission noise shifting in the lower gears. I'm getting a little better mileage than I expected (22-25 around town) and 33-34 highway. Still early, but I love the car so far.

All that I wanted...

SilinDC, 06/13/2017
TSI S 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm glad I waited for this model to come out. I've owned a few VWs with the last one being a 2010 VW Golf 5 spd MT that was VERY reliable but lacked the 4 doors and storage space I needed for extracurricular activities (camping, kayaking, skiing). I had cross-shopped Subarus to see what I might be missing and almost bought one for my last car, but couldn't find a manual transmission anywhere and the newer ones have mostly phased them out for a CVT. The outback was nice, but when compared to the features I get with the Golf Alltrack and the manual transmission made it much more fun to drive! Also, cost a lot more for similar features. Now to the alltrack... I just did a 1,000 mile road trip and the car drives extremely smooth and when kept to about 70 mpg with a loaded car I was getting 35 mpg. The car has a perfect amount of storage space. The only negative would be the back seat is a little smaller than some others, but still good for a 6'0" person in the back as long as you don't try to put 5 people in the car. It's really much better for 4. For entertainment I can't get over how good CARPLAY is. It makes the car so much more enjoyable to use when trying to do navigation, listen/find music, voice text, etc... I previously had installed a high end Kenwood GPS system in my last car, but this is much better/easier to use. To wrap it up, the car handles very well, is smooth on the highway and pretty quiet, the entertainment system is easy to use and this is an overall great car. I can't wait til' ski season to try out the 4 wheel drive in the snow, but for the time being I'm just enjoying using the car and all it's features!

This is a good car

Lee, 06/22/2017
TSI S 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We did the diesel buyback on our 2009 Sportwagen TDI, so we needed a replacement. We selected the Alltrack because it is AWD and is available with a manual transmission. We don't care about the supposed off-road capabilities. But we do live in the Colorado mountains and don't like getting stuck in the snow. For that purpose, this car is the perfect compromise because you don't give up good handling, economy, and comfort, which is what you need over 95% of the time. With the manual transmission we are averaging 29mpg and expect to get in the 30s on trips (Fuelly.com shows that the DSG (automatic) Alltracks average about 3-4 mpg less). The stereo capabilities are impressive. We opted for the S model due to the added level of road noise, leaks, and breakage we experienced with the panoramic sunroof on our 2009 Sportwagen. This is my first VW without a sunroof since 1983 and I have no regrets about not having the panoramic sunroof. The manual transmission is geared toward fuel economy rather than performance, like a GTI, but it is still a pleasure to shift. Between hill hold, optionally giving it the gas when starting to prevent stalling, turning off the gas when coasting in gear, and maintaining the cruise control when shifting, shows that VW has carried manual transmissions to the next level. Our biggest gripe was that we were waiting for the manual Alltracks to arrive and we afraid they wouldn't show until after our buyback, leaving us without a car. Luckily the new car showed up two weeks before the buyback. Update 06/27/18: My wife has driven the Alltrack about 2000 miles/month, so it now has over 30,000 miles in 15 months. I can not recall any issues. It has worked well for commuting and hauling. Using Thule square bar racks, stops, and straps, we have carried 8x4 plywood and drywall sheets, 7 foot tall bookcases, and most anything that doesn't fit inside. Being lower than SUVs makes it relatively easy to get big things on and off the roof rack. We use fuelly.com to track all gas usage and my wife continues to average 29-30 mpg in commuting and city driving. The oil filter being on top makes it a breeze to change the oil. We got a duplicate set of the stock wheels off craigslist and mounted 225/50-17 Artic Altimax snow tires on them. We live in the Colorado mountains and the Alltrack handles it well with its AWD and snow tires. The manual transmission is a pleasure to drive and makes the car faster than it should be given the weight and engine size. 12/28/18: Edmunds wanted an update but there is not much to say. The car has over 40,000 miles and consistently gets 29mpg for commuting and around town use. The rear passenger window switch in the group of four in driver's door doesn't work, the one on the door does. Its off warranty now so I will replace it.

This wagon is exactly what I was looking for.

ARL, 01/21/2017
TSI SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was one of the early buyers of this model, ordered it from the factory fully loaded and took delivery in October. I'm a guy who loves to drive, and having owned many other European models including Audi, Porsche, Land Rover, Volvo and Mercedes I find VW the right mix of quality, attention to detail, simplicity, technology and driving enjoyment. VW bought out my Jetta Sportwagen TDI, regrettably giving that up as I'm a fan of diesels but a bigger fan of the environment. I considered many other models including hybrids, however having owned Asian hybrids in the past, including Honda, Toyota and Subaru I find the cars absolutely boring to drive after a few months. Yes, I strongly considered the Subaru Outback as an alternative but find the current generation model bloated-looking and do not like the Lineartronic CVT transmission. My Alltrack is fully loaded and I enjoy the styling and especially the lighting option that sets the car apart. Acceleration, transmission and road-feel are all very good, definitely a step-up from the Jetta Sportwagen TDI. I do primarily city driving, and I'm averaging 21 mpg (my diesel averaged 25 mpg city driving). On the highway I've averaged 33 mpg. I did have issues with the compass which impacted the NAV (factory re-call) and the lane assist program functions, both repaired under warranty. I love wagons, but here in the US options are limited to Subaru, Audi, Mercedes, BMW and Volvo, the 4 latter models being significantly higher priced. As far as I'm concerned, the VW Golf Alltrack SEL with the driver assistance and lighting option package is a very similar wagon to the Audi Allroad, makes sense since they share many of the same parts. Also the Audi Allroad runs on premium, while the VW Alltrack runs on regular gas. To sum, I really love this wagon and just waiting for some Chicago snow to test the 4-Motion AWD!

Awesome Alltrack — Update

John in Virginia, 08/12/2017
TSI SE 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I still love this car after 40,000 miles. It has been very reliable and gets good gas mileage. I average 34.5 miles per gallon on the highway. Ride is very smooth and comfortable. Sunroof leaked a couple times during torrential rains. To avoid this, make sure to get sunroof drains cleaned out by dealer every time you get oil change.

This car is a kick to drive

Tom Kruse, 10/03/2017
TSI SE 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Formerly I drove a 2002 Audi Allroad with manual trans. Lots of power and great car. I like a wagon since I put bicycles and kayaks on the roof. The new Alltrack is a great car and a great value. Lots of room inside. Solid feel. Plenty of pep for passing. I have SE model. I like the manual automatic. I either downshift on curvy roads or put it into Sport Mode which works great in the twisties. The front seat is comfortable but would like full multi adjustable electric seat with memory like I had before. Fortunately I am 90% only driver. The vinyl feels like leather and people I've taken for a ride think it's leather. I don't correct them. Electronics work great, I use Android Auto which uses Google Maps for navigation. Voice control phone calls works flawless. Fender stereo is excellent. Climate control only has a temp knob so no auto temp set. Huge sunroof is fun, great sky view. Also opened sunroof is much better than any car I've owned in past. They've eliminated the fluttering sounds so you don't have to open a window. The cargo area is huge. They've done a nice job of storing the rear cover if you don't want to use it. Visibility is excellent. Much more fun to drive than a small SUV.

My Outback Alternative

Klaus VonBuelow, 02/26/2018
TSI SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

In the North it is always good to have AWD. The 6 times a year you need it in the snow, AWD is worth its weight in gold. I decided to go from a sedan to a wagon for the space to haul easier. There isn’t a lot in that segment. After narrowing it down to a Subaru Outback or an Alltrack, I chose the VW because it handled much better, felt faster, was quieter, and had a much more upscale interior. I thought I would like the Outback more (coming from a Legacy) but I didn’t. The reasons I chose the Alltrack: 1. It handled confidently and felt the most car-like in cornering and freeway ramp driving which was important to me. 2. The interior was nicer and the seats are really comfortable and supportive. 3. The panoramic sunroof is huge and impressed my teenaged son (not easy to do). 4. The transmission and engine (1.8turbo DSG VW against a 2.5 boxer w/ a CVT) felt zoomy and the DSG shifts very nicely. 5. At highway speeds the wind noise is significantly lower. 6. In the last 2 snowstorms, the AWD has been flawless and the traction has been fantastic. It is perfectly balanced for the conditions and I never once worried about getting stuck. Now that I have had it for a while, what are the nitpicks? 1. Wish it had a bigger fuel tank. Don’t get me wrong, it gets great mpg (34-35 hwy) - but a little more range would be nice for those who do a lot of driving. 2. Nav system is okay, but the Apple CarPlay makes it unnecessary. Oh - and a bigger screen would be nice. 3. There are about 100 ways to monitor what the car is doing which is cool - but holy cow, the menu structure is terrible. In my opinion, if you are looking for a driving car, get the VW. It has a little less hauling space, but if you enjoy driving, you will prefer this car.

Restrained Exuberance

Reed Erskine, 01/04/2018
TSI SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Like all VW's, this is one big on the inside and small on the outside. The Alltrack SEL is clean-lined and understated, so much so as to be anonymous among the endless herd of compact SUV's and Crossovers that clog the highways. It may be humble, but the Alltrack is nimble and responsive, with just enough "fahrvergnugen" to keep things from getting boring. Some will find the flat, firm "bucket seats" less than totally comfortable and supportive. Some will find 38 psi, low profile 18" wheels and firm suspension slightly jarring at times, but the driving experience is quiet and stable as a rock. The touch screen entertainment/navigation system, along with all the other menus, setting, dials, etc. will guarantee you a fender bender if you try to mess with them while driving. The sound system is impressive, but possibly overkill. The 360 degree visibility is among the best I've seen. The six speed auto tranny is OK and responsive. 6 speeds are better than 3, but the driver only feels third or fourth most of the time, and at low speeds the engine can lug at too high a gear. It cruises 70 mph at about 2.6K rpm and gets between 25 and 30 mpg, depending on the weight of your foot. Seems like a good vehicle for a young family or couple with a yen to throw skis/kayaks/bicycles on the roof rack and head for the hills. On the other hand, it's a cinch to park in tight urban spaces, with its tight turning radius and articulate steering. Though I have yet to be consciously aware of the wonders of 4motion, I like that the Alltrack/Golf is nothing fancy. It's just a nice car that can do stuff, which is plenty adequate in today's automotive world of Big Boy Toys. Update: 07/2018 After 7 months and 2000 miles, I'm still getting a kick out of driving this car. Visibility, maneuverability and quick response to throttle, steering, and auto transmission are continually and pleasantly surprising. I thought I'd miss the five speed stick in my old V6 Passat, but the Alltrack hasn't disappointed.

2017 Golf Alltrack

snelson, 09/17/2017
TSI SE 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Narrowed it down to a Subaru Crostrek and the VW Golf Alltrack. In the end, the Alltrack won because of it's much stronger engine, fit and finish, and timeless style. Getting about 27mpg in mixed driving. VW dealership was willing to give a great deal...$4,500 off of MSRP. I encourage you to at least give the Alltrack a drive before you make a final decision. Pay attention to the amazing transmission (DSG) and power the turbo 4 has in comparison to Subaru's 4 banger. There is no comparison...the Alltrack is amazing!

Fun and Capable

WagonsRule, 10/16/2017
TSI SE 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Loving my new Alltrack. I was waiting for the new Crosstrek, but the driving dynamics, feel, and the interior in the car is so much better. This car is super fun to drive, very responsive the the road, corners really well and the shifting is phenomenal. The engine is not super powerful, but it gives you enough power to pass when needed and tackles steep roads really well. The transmission is what is outstanding in this car, I've had a car with CVT and have rented and test-driven a few, the 6-speed DSG is so much better. Getting good overall mph for an AWD car at 27mpg. The interior is super quiet, the materials are upscale and the controls are very handy and intuitive, super functional. The infotainment system has everything you need and it's super easy to find all the controls. The front seats are very comfortable, the rear seating is a bit on the small side for adults, but decent. The truck is long and fits a lot of stuff for the size of the car. This will be a great car to take on ski trips for its AWD, high clearance and the low roof where I can easily reach a cargo box. I haven't taken this car on dirt roads but I'm confident it will get me to most trailheads.

Great choice for all wheel drive.

Endpoint, 09/30/2017
TSI S 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I shopped and reviewed this car for 3-4 months before my earlier lease expired. I once owned an A4 Avant and was looking for another small wagon like it that was affordable. This car was the perfect choice. In fact, it's very much like the Avant, but a much better value. I chose the base S model because it comes with almost all the same great features as the more expensive versions. The only real difference is the sunroof, the push-button start, and a little better speakers. It drives just like the Audi, handles like the Audi, looks great. The only thing i would have preferred would have been a little more room for the rear passengers, but even that's not bad. Overall, i would recommend this car to anyone looking for a great all wheel drive wagon.

Very nice vehicle with horrible navigation

Tishpit, 05/03/2018
TSI SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought this left over 2017 because of a fabulous price (over $8,000 off sticker!) and it was low enough to allow my elderly parents to enter and exit better than a higher SUV. It also has the room for wheelchair and walker as well as two Greyhounds (though not all at the same time!). I've not owned a VW since my 1977 VW Dasher... so it's been a while. Always enjoyed German car handling and fun drive aspect and decided I was ready to try VW again. The dealership was very good to work with (VW of Ft. Myers) and the deal went well with no surprises or numbers games. This is a love/hate relationship though... here is the LOVE part: 1. Comfort: front power seats are wonderful and great for someone (like me) with back problems, 2. Handles nicely and hugs the road well, 3. Good safety ratings and extra confidence with AWD capabilities for slick roads and dirt/mud back roads, 3. Quality interior that looks like a little Mercedes and feels upscale, 4. GREAT visibility; a rarity these days and something I really appreciate, 5. Price was incredible due to left over model year and motivation to move the 2017's off the lot. Now for the HATE aspects: 1. Navigation is the WORST of any car I've ever owned. It's run by TomTom and will take you 12 miles out of your way if you listen to it! It consistently misses the address, cannot understand what is said some of the time and tends to glitch, does not show you in advance what turn you will be making onto what street... shows the street you are already on (already know that!), so when you turn, you don't know what lane to be in to anticipate a future turn. The Bluetooth is also quite glitchy at times and you must take your eyes off the road to see when the icon turns red to say "yes" to a command. The original Ford Sync in my 2010 Escape was WAY better. So this was very disappointing as I need a good GPS for business. Another issue I have is very poor distance vision with the headlights (standard ones). Mileage, however, is exceptionally good, averaging about 30 MPG in mixed driving. Overall, I'm happy with the vehicle and with only a bit over 1,000 miles on it, I cannot comment on reliability yet.

29 months owning a 2017 Golf Alltrack SE - LUV IT!

Happy Alltrack Owner, 09/29/2018
TSI SE 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought the Alltrack in May 2017. I've never owned a VW before and I've heard that they have some reliability issues. However, all the VW owners I've talked to (about 10 prior to purchase) have not reported significant issues. I've had no issues at 15K miles. I love this car! It handles like a dream! It's fun to drive. The DSG gearbox is intuitive and snappy. The paddle shifters are precise, easy and fun to use. Even the fuel access cover is awesome. It clicks open and has a solid self closing "snap" when gently nudged closed. The roof rails are much more versatile than those on the Outback. The moon roof is smooth, reliable and renders no noise to the cabin when closed. I've read some reviewers say that the 1.8TSI engine is "adequate" - I think it's excellent! I find that it gives smooth acceleration and provides ample power when needed. The spare tire compartment will hold a full size tire! How many compact vehicles can boast that great feature? The Fender sound system is clear, delivering uniform sound quality throughout the cabin. My family and I are all shorter than 5'9", so the rear leg room is adequate for everyone in the family. The build quality of this vehicle is impressive--it's difficult to describe this aspect of the Alltrack--you just have to see it. The fit and finish give it a very upscale feeling. The interior accent lighting and foot area lighting in the front when the headlights are on are a nice touch. Adjustments for the AWD system and transmission provide tangible changes to the car's performance. It's also interesting to note that the general performance numbers for the Alltrack S model are better than the Outback's 6 cyl. - except for towing. I have owned several Subies over the years: 1981 Subaru GL, 1986 Subaru GL, 1992 Legacy Wagon, and a 1998 Impreza. All of these were reliable, capable vehicles. When I entered the market recently for an SUV/Crossover I test drove a Crosstrek, a 4cyl Outback, and an Impreza. The Crosstrek and Impreza were actually pretty good. Although the CVT on the Impreza seemed monotonous and the car felt a little underpowered. The Crosstrek had a manual transmission and was a lot of fun to drive, but the cargo area was a little small. On the freeway, though, is where I decided against the Crosstrek - no passing power. At high speeds it was noisy and felt "soft". The Outback had a nice interior, but the CVT was a dealbreaker! What a mess of a transmission! No fun at all and not very responsive--very loud and it always seemed as if it were trying to figure out what I wanted it to do. I test drove a Dodge Durango - which I liked a lot, but didn't make a lot of sense as I would never be towing anything. I also test drove a Toyota Highlander, a 4-Runner, and a Honda Pilot. All very good, but too big and gangly for my needs. I test drove the Golf Alltrack and instantly fell in love. If you're in the small crossover market, the Alltrack is really worth looking into. Update: still loving my Alltrack! Sad to hear that VW is discontinuing their eagons!! Get one while you can!! See Nathan Adlan’s most recent review on TFLCar.com.

Wagons Ho!

bigcoalshovel, 04/04/2018
TSI SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

If you're looking for a great handling, punchy alternative to an SUV, the Alltrack is the right car. With VW's amazing 6 year / 72K warranty, dealers willing to negotiate on price, and so much stuff packed into this little car, it's a real bargain. Like a good German car, it's very solid, handles great, has a world class interior, and rewards the driver. I can fit all my bikes, even the big 29'r, without taking off the front wheel. I wish it got a little better gas mileage, but I tend to get a little heavy on the turbo. I'm very happy with the purchase and highly recommend the vehicle.

No problems after 6 months.

Todd Hargraves, 03/23/2018
TSI SE 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this 2017 Golf Alltrack SE without driver assist in Aug 2017. I was part of the TDI recall on a 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI which had 100K miles and a warn out suspension, but really liked that vehicle and it was very reliable so I thought I would try a similar model. I do miss the mileage and range of the TDI, but currently get about 350 miles between fill ups and around 30 mpg overall. I would probably give this vehicle 5 stars except for the following two reasons. (1) I live in northern MI and have needed the all wheel drive a few times. On low speed driving, under 50, it seemed very stable, but on the freeway driving 60-70 on a snowy surface it felt very unsettled. I asked my passenger if they could feel the back end swaying and they agreed it was scary, the Subaru's were passing me by. (2) The DSG transmission is a little jerky on take off and a bit slow to downshift when acceleration is needed. Update Sep 2018: 10,500 miles; 28.7MPG; Excessive rear tire wear lead me to a VW dealer in May @ 10,000 miles. The alignment was so bad the suspension had to be unbolted from the subframe and they would need to order new bolts and a tire. I had the service done shortly after for $325 which was not covered by warranty because alignment is not included. The service manager said alignment this bad is only seen with vehicles that have been in an accident, I believe the vehicle was delivered in this condition and the problem didn't show up until driving in winter slippery conditions. Update Sep 2019: 26,500 miles; 30.3MPG; No further problems with the vehicle since the alignment. I will be replacing all four Falken tires this fall as the tread is worn out.

Solid replacement

WJC, 09/05/2017
TSI S 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I opted for the TDI buyback and chose the Alltrack S. I ended up ordereing a maunal and paying more for it. I definitely prefer the higher ride and improvements over my 2012 Sportwagen TDI, but I do miss the torque! So far the MPG exceed the the advertised mileage. On a dry day I can expect 37 MPG on a highway trip. 7 month Update: Still pleased overall. MPG is closer to advertised MPG in colder weather (32 highway with manual). Still miss my TDI though.

Love this car!

Picky Consumer, 12/28/2017
TSI SE 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We needed a vehicle that could transport cargo needed for family vacations. An added bonus is that the Golf Alltrack handles like a dream. I love German engineering, and this wagon handles like a sporty sedan. We are very happy with our purchase.

A driver's SUV

Fred, 01/24/2018
TSI SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Love this car. It feels like it was designed by engineers who actually enjoy driving. There comes a moment with most SUVs when you are going into a tight turn and you start thinking, "uhm, yes, this boat does have a high center of gravity, better slow down." Never with the Alltrack. It feels glued to the road. I'm 6'6" and had to spring for the SEL to get the power driver's seat (c'mon VW, this shouldn't be a luxury item) and it's worth it-- best ergonomics I've ever experienced. The only downsides-- not much rear seat leg room, but that's seldom an issue the way we use the car. And the tires. The car came equipped with Continental Pro-contacts and I had three tires fail in less than 7500 miles. Yes, we have potholes in New England, but we've had them forever and I've probably averaged less than one tire failure every ten years before I got this car. Costly but necessary to get Michelin's on the Alltrack.

Owned for 1.5 years with so many problems

Notavwgirl, 12/14/2018
TSI S 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Where to start... my car has been in VW service for 2 months now. There is a terrible noise that is coming from the suspension and usually occurs around 15 mph. They fixed it and it came right back a week later. It’s back in service now and they don’t know what’s wrong with it. Apple CarPlay freezes up all the time and has even stayed on when my car was turned off and locked with no phone hooked up to it. A/c wouldn’t blow cold a month after buying and they couldn’t diagnose it. Just said that the ones on the line do the same thing, so no fix. Service light came on every time I drove the car telling me not to exit vehicle unless it’s in P position. Duh. Yesterday a new one came up saying that the starter is faulty now. Trading in on a Lexus or Toyota as soon as it’s fixed. Last time ever touching a VW.

VW Peaked in 2007

Alltrack Owner, 03/26/2019
TSI SE 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Our family has had a series of VWs. Starting with a 2007 MKV Rabbit. An amazing car that throughout its life only broke small minor parts and only started breaking well past 100k miles. It was fun, cheep and economical. The perfect all around car. Then we decided to buy a 2015 sport wagon TDI. Well, we all know how that went. But we decided to hold onto it. We were rewarded with a panoramic roof and squeaky suspension. Then after the recall was finished, they decided to release a new car and the alltrack was released. This was a utilitarian car aiming at a lot of the TDI owners. You would think it would be perfect after the TDI scandal. But unfortunately it had the same issues. Leaky roof, squeaky suspension, infotainment system constantly broke. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR. Or any of the sport wagons. Poorly designed and VW refused to acknowledge the problem. If you don't believe me, call around to the service departments around the country. Everyone knows of the issues.

I've never had so many problems with a new car.

Carl , 10/07/2019
TSI SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've owned my VW for 18 months and I've already had two major service issues. The first occurred within 6 months of purchasing the vehicle. The check airbag warning light came on; turns out the fix was a faulty seatbelt pretensioner. The latest issue occurred today. The vehicle stalled out when I was stopped at a light. It's being towed to the dealer now for diagnostics. I also have the same issue as a previous reviewer where the car randomly flashes a warning saying that I need to be extremely cautious and only exit the vehicle in the parked position. Bottom line is that I can't wait to unload this thing and I hope it holds out long enough after the warranty period expires for me to at least break even.

Golf Alltrac

JD, 01/05/2018
TSI SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Great value, comfort and performance in a car that excels in the mountains and is quiet rolling down the road.

Nice Car

Steve F., 05/04/2018
TSI SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Runs steers and shifts smooth. Dual clutch transmission took place of 40 years of manuals with no regrets. Electronic nannies are too intrusive and hate the adaptive cruise. Would not buy another car with adaptive cruise unless I could override it with normal cruise.

Never again will I drive a VW

Kelly, 04/01/2019
TSI SE 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I switched from being a Honda/Acura and Subaru owner for 3 decades. My last Subaru was an Outback XT. They no longer make the Outback in a turbo and the Outback size kept getting larger and larger. I decided to try the VW Alltrack. I am so glad I leased it. I cannot wait to turn it in. I have had the car misfire on the interstate which sent it into safemode while in the fast lane on the freeway. I could have caused an accident by going 15 mph! The dealership found the faults but blamed it on a bad tank of gas. The infotainment system completely failed and the vendor had no replacements in stock. I had no music, navigation, back-up camera for just under 2 months. The sunroof leaked in 4 locations, was repaired, made a ton of noise after repair and is going back in for another repair. This car has been nothing but a disappointment to me. I have had it in the shop more than I did my 10 year Outback over the life of the car.

I've never had so many problems with a new car.

Carl , 10/07/2019

Perfect little/big car

Evgeniy Gogov, 06/01/2018
TSI SE 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Owened 2016 Sportswagen Limited ( lost it in really bad accident). Lost the car but my wife was fine.That's why i replaced it with 2017 Alltrack SE. I call it a little big car. Good gas mileage, great hendaling and grateful look.

All round all weather vehicle

Larry Choong, 11/26/2018
TSI SE 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Pros: Handles great, drives more like a car than an SUV or crossover. Nice moonroof and good sound system. Good acceleration. Cons: headlights could be brighter

Flaws in the panoramic roof

Bernard Henderson, 07/17/2019
TSI SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After months of driving what believed to be a 5 star wagon I discovered an accumulation of water in the floor padding spare tire well and the roof lining. The cause? Faulty welds in the area around the sun roof and a leaking gasket around the sun roof opening The repair was extensive and tied up the car for 6 weeks. It’s not just my car. There were at least 3 other Alltracks at my dealership with the same problem. A secondary problem is the water shorted out the antenna cable and made replacement necessary

Great car

P Hale, 11/28/2019
TSI SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Well made, great acceleration and drives like a sports car!

A poor effort

richard hubbard, 06/21/2017
TSI SE 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car does not indicate what gear you are in until the clutch is fully disengaged and the car is moving. You could be at a traffic signal thinking you are in 1st but really in 3rd and you would not know until the light turns green and you stall out. Once stalled, due to the car being push button start, the driver must stomp on the brake quickly to restart the car. By that time you've been rear-ended. Thus, button start is not compatible with a manual transmission. The distracted driver electronics (i.e. driver assistance package) is also crap. A 1/2 hr test drive in city traffic netted only 19.7 mpg. No thanks, I'll keep my TDI.

Almost a GTI

Bruce, 10/31/2018
TSI SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Traded my GTI to get more utility and all wheel drive. It's almost as much fun as the GTI and more useful for my needs.

Fantastic value for the money

Chris, 08/03/2019
TSI S 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is a great car. Peppy turbo, handles great after I dumped the stock tires, and very versatile. Similar clearance to a Suby, but much more space, a much better engine and WAY more fun to drive. VW is really dropping the ball in discontinuing this car in the US.

Reliable and fun to drive made me a believer

California Commuter, 10/22/2019
TSI SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

With 45,000 miles, my Alltrack SEL is the perfect low aerodynamic vehicle with room to carry people and things. Very fun to drive and looks sharp. Best features: comfortable leather interior, 18” wheels with extra 1” clearance, Quiet interior while driving, great music with Apple CarPlay, Sport mode with manual paddle shifters, large rear space for road/mountain bikes, surfboards or large suitcases. Don’t lease from VW as they have the hardest lease to get out early on the planet. This is a fun car to drive.

Oustanding Car!

Justin, 02/11/2020
TSI SE 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Drives beautifully, great acceleration and braking, attention to detail. German engineering at its finest.

51050