Used 2009 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen Eos

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Very safe hardtop
By Tristan

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have had this car for 4 months, nothing has gone wrong the build quality is amazing. I recently flipped the car on Thanksgiving day, and the hardtop is very safe, only caved by about an inch to maybe 1 1/2 inches. The anti-rollbars popped up and if I hadn't had the top up I believe I would be just as fine. Only got a couple cuts on my hands when getting out. I highly recommend it just for the safety features even though the interior is amazing along with the engine. I was hitting 36 mpg with premium on the freeway at an average of going 75 mph.

My favorite features was the convertible top, along with the panoramic sunroof. I really appreciate having no buttons on my steering wheel. Much better seats than the Jetta.

No suggested improvements, except that the HID lights I had were so great I would expect them to make them standard on every car. Best lights I have ever had on a car. Stereo was pretty good, but not as fulfilling as the Monsoon stereo on my old '02 z28 Camaro.

Avoid It - Traded Mine In
By LR

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

53 days in the shop in the first year, finally had enough and traded it in for another brand. Every imaginable problem with the electrical system, sensors, gas cap, abs, braking, fuel pump, air bag, among other problems. Every little repair required shipping in parts so repairs took forever, and nothing fixed right the first time by dealer. I owned the car for a little over a year and just took a huge loss on the trade, but it had to go. Had trouble even getting near blue book on trade due to the car's reputation. Did lots of research prior to buying and 07/08 models were well reviewed. 09 seems to be a disaster. After 15 years driving VWs, this will be my last. Very disappointing.

The 4 cylinder engine is powerful, acceleration is great, handling is very precise. Top is extremely cool when it works. The ipod adapter was ok. Solid ride on the highway and around town.

At this price point, the car should have some basic things like audio controls on the steering wheel and bluetooth capability for phone. I looked past these items when I bought it, but should not have. Very annoying not having those basic features that I had even on Jettas I owned prior.

FUN LITTLE CONVERTIBLE
By FLORIDA LEN

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was concerned about buying a hardtop convertible, but I bought the EOS knowing how well VW builds cars. So far, early on in ownership, the car is solid and exhibiting no leaks. The car is a good value for the money. It is not a styling standout, but the design is nice looking. The interior is typically German, all business. What is great about the car is that is overall very solid, handles well and has decent mileage from a very peppy engine. Although, a small car, it feels very safe and secure and I am glad I bought it.

I do love the whole top system with the sunroof. I also like the fact that the engine is pretty quick even though it is a 4 cylinder. Best feature is the radio - no funny buttons or things to pull or push just very straight forward radio controls.

They need to improve on the window system in that it drops a little when you shut off the engine and if it is raining, it makes the interior wet. I also think they could have put the audio controls on the steering wheel.

Best Car Ever!
By My favorite!

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was a little worried getting into this car because of the reviews about the not so sporty steering, I disagree a whole lot! Its so much more fun then then the chrysler sebring hardtop or Pontiac G6 hartop! My favorite features are the great sound system and the HUGE sunroof with pop up wind blocker. For the money its worth it! I live in Michigan and i must say it turns heads, i love seeing the people in awe when i bold off the line! Also i get 25 mpg in mixed driving! The other day i had the sunroof open and i was doing 100 on the highway and it felt and sounded like 65! If you can live without 5 seats and a smaller trunk this car is perfect for You.

-The sunroof with pop up wind blocker, its not black, ugly, or takes up half of the sunroof! -Backseat is good for anyone under 5'10 when the top is up. -Sound system is great! (8 speakers) - quick yet efficient! - DSG Twin Clutch is best of both worlds!

-Trunk is only about 10 cubic feet with top up and like 3.5 cubic feet with it down. -The VW symbol is also the trunk opener it took me 2 weeks to figure it out! -Its has nice styling but its a lot more sporty then the styling suggests!

Great Car!
By DTR

2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my first convertible, and I was a little concerned about the problems that are typical of the breed- -wind noise, cowl shake, etc. I have been very pleasantly surprised by how this vehicle performs. Yes, there is some wind noise, and it's not quite as "solid" as a sedan, but I'd definitely purchase this car again. It's so much fun to drive, and gets great gas mileage.

Great gas mileage, hard-top convertible, nav system, xenon lights and backup sensors, DSG, turbo engine

Bluetooth & HomeLink should be included for this price