Used 2009 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen Eos

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Nice car with a few hiccups
By drspoon

2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This fun car is a dream to drive. The turbo engine really gets up and goes. We have taken the car on long trips and it is really very comfortable. Now after having it for a year we find out the hard way that the engine is an oil burner after total 20k mileage. Just got it back from the dealer where the oil consumption is one half quart per 1000 miles-- an amount that Volks says is acceptable. I asked how I can make the 10,000 mile factory suggested oil change interval and the dealership simply says I cannot. For the price of this car and the supposed quality of Volks engineering this is simply unacceptable. No more Volkswagens for me!!!!!!!

Great acceleration and maneuverability. We get up to 30 mpg on long trips so with today's gas prices this car will not break the bank. The audio system and navigational systems are top notch. The trunk is still large enough with the top down to carry most of the things we want on a long trip.

With no guard the sides are prone to dings from other cars. And finally we just do not like the fact that we must carry oil with us to constantly top off the oil every other gas tank fill-up. Oil consumption for this car is unacceptable. Keep that in mind before purchasing one!!

Baby Boomer Bust!
By Stephen Harris

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I believe this car is for the baby boomer that has finally reached a time in life when they feel they deserve a fun car. They have lived with the practical long enough and want something that makes no obvious sense. I think it is the most fun car I have ever owned and has the VW stamp of quality. No problems after 4000 miles of ownership and a trip of 2500 miles to Florida and back was super. No problem with trunk space, two bags consisting of one duffle and one regular was plenty for wife and I for one week. VERY comfortable and had no problems with power for passing or keeping up with traffic. Grandkids love the "transformer" and it gets lots of attention. Most people can't believe it's VW

Fun to drive, very classy and attention getting. Most people don't even know what it is until they see the VW on the trunk. Comfortable for long trips and fun to drop the top when the temp. is right. Hard top for winter. Feel very protected with top up, not like a cloth top vehicle. Very good MPG.

If it was bigger in back it would be nice, but it was purchased with the thought that it is a TWO person vehicle so why whine because because you can't haul your friends around. If it is too crowded, let them drive!

So Glad I went with it.
By mac

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My wife and sons take my car every chance the get. I have trouble sometimes getting it to drive. It is smooth and reliable. I really was going back and forth on which car i wanted and test drove many and settled on the EOS and glad I did. The interior is excellent I do wish the back seat had a little more leg room but I don;t plan to sit in the back. the Stereo system is tops and the control of the car is tops. i am surprised on how quiet it is when the hard top is on.....Great Car

Hard top and sun roof.....is out standing....and the wind screen really does work.. I have own this car for 6- 7 months and thinks its great...

leg room in the back and wished passanger seat was adjustable.

Love the Goddess
By BW in Wash DC

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought myself a b-day gift w/a Komfort 6M. Brings a smile every time I have the top down. It is the perfect combination in size, handling, and fun. Not a speedy coupe but come on, it is a convertible, relax, ease back, and feel the sun on your back. No problem yet w/seal leak as some others reported in earlier models.

CSC Hardtop (Coupe-Sunroof-Convertible)

Side mirrors don't provide as much view coverage

Very safe hardtop
By Tristan

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have had this car for 4 months, nothing has gone wrong the build quality is amazing. I recently flipped the car on Thanksgiving day, and the hardtop is very safe, only caved by about an inch to maybe 1 1/2 inches. The anti-rollbars popped up and if I hadn't had the top up I believe I would be just as fine. Only got a couple cuts on my hands when getting out. I highly recommend it just for the safety features even though the interior is amazing along with the engine. I was hitting 36 mpg with premium on the freeway at an average of going 75 mph.

My favorite features was the convertible top, along with the panoramic sunroof. I really appreciate having no buttons on my steering wheel. Much better seats than the Jetta.

No suggested improvements, except that the HID lights I had were so great I would expect them to make them standard on every car. Best lights I have ever had on a car. Stereo was pretty good, but not as fulfilling as the Monsoon stereo on my old '02 z28 Camaro.