Used 2009 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen Eos

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

DEFECTIVE TRANSMISSION
By BOCA LEN

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Overall my EOS is a reasonably priced convertible with generally good quality. I bought the car new. I drive to work and never abuse the car - just basic transportation However, at 1400 miles the transmission blew and had to be replaced with what I now know is a refurbished unit. Last week at 10,000 miles the refurbished transmission blew again. The dealer wants to replace with a refurbished unit again. VW extended the warranty, the dealer has been pleasant to work with and provides a loaner car. The point is, this transmission is too complex. I thing that anyone considering buying a VW with this transmission needs to be aware of the problems that are inherent with this unit. Beware!

drop top

VW needs to find a decent transmission to put into these cars. Simply covering them under warranty does not ameliorate the hassle and inconvenience of continually replacing the transmissions which self-destruct every 10,000 miles. (at least for me)

FUN2BEHAD
By FunFunFun

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I had a 2006 Passat on lease. I had been looking for 6 months for a convertible. VW let me out of my lease for a ridiculous amount and I got a EOS. I had tried the Toyota, Sebring and a few others but loved the handling of the EOS. It's fun, no problems, lots of compliments. Most fun driving ever. The back seat is small, but deep and bigger then the Volvo, Lexus etc.. I always get compliments on the car. It's been so much fun. Great for road trips to the beach.

Hardtop Convertible/Sunroof, heated seats

lock for trunk when valet parking...available in Passat, but not EOS

It's the greatest Car I owned
By mac

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have owned Fords and Honda's all of my 50 plus years. Last year I went to look at a VW Passat and left with a fully equiped EOS. I and my kids are thrilled. I have a hard time keeping my car keys in my hand my four boys take it every chance they get. It by far is the best car I ever had not a lot of back seat leg room nor storage but runs great with nice get up. Would recommend this car to anyone who doesn't have to load their family in their car anymore.

hard top and ease of converting it. Radio sound is tremendous and has good speed and steering. Great safety rating.

Could be a little bit bigger. But I really am not complaining. Great

My 1st VW and my LAST
By louloulane

2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Beautiful eye catching car. Too bad it's not reliable. I have had to have it towed 3 times in 3 months back to the dealership. We bought 2 VW's on the same day, an Eos & a CC. The Eos has been such an unpleasant experience it will be the last time a VW is owned in our family. 1st time and last time for a VW for us. Ignition, electrical,turbo problems.

The sunroof/convertible is an awesome feature. The front seats are very comfortable. The backseats are a different story (see below). Love the nav system too.

Quick release to access the backseats would be nice. The slow moving electric seats is annoying & then difficult to get in the back. The back seats are pretty much non-functioning. The Navigation system needs to be recessed so you can see the screen when you have the top down.

New leftover 2009 EOS
By Jeff

2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We bought this along with a new 2010 Golf tdi. So far we have about 3000 miles on it, and it has preformed well. Most surprising is the relatively good fuel economy. Overall we have posted 29.8mpg with a high of 36mpg, and this is winter and the car has a ways to go before fully broken- in. We picked up the car for $26,600 or $5700 off MSRP. It's still too early to tell how this car will turn out but so far it is good. The only drawback is the weight of 3500 lbs, but all convertibles are heavy, and this is one of the lighter ones. Cornering although acceptable is not as crisp as lighter German cars. This is our first convertible, so we'll have a better idea after our Wisconsin summer.

The CSC, coupe/sunroof/convertible is really nice. The car is remarkably quiet, very comfortable seating and reasonable rear seating. In addition, it's a nice looking car. The motor and manual transmission excel, love the power and fuel economy. Economy so far is much better than the posted EPA.

A stiffer suspension would be nice, but the weight of 3500 lbs on a front wheel drive car has handling limitations. Would be better if it was a rear wheel drive car.