Used 2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Problems, Problems
By Bonnie

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Shortly after buying the car it had accelleration problems, it would hesitate and the jump in causing you to be pushed forward in your seat. It was fixed by garage but after it was done the gas mileage was drastically reduced. This has not been fixed.I have leak in trunk which has not been fixed and dealership where I live is not cooperating to fix. With this water leak my vehicle is worthless. I have poblem with trunk release, condenastion or ice on inside windows and the top is rubbing on something becasue paint has been rubbed off. I have squeal in breaks and was told it is normal- really I have had many cars but none had this unless there was abreak problem.

Hard top with sun roof

Windows leaking when opening doors,backing up hard to see and blind spot

Love the car but lots of issues
By Greg

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought my 2008 Eos and it has really been an enjoyable car to drive, when it is not at the dealership. So far I have taken it in at least 4 times, 3 of which for the same issues. Small leakage in the drivers window during a heavy rain, auto roll up windows do not always go back up, and breaks squeal despite the dealership telling me they are fine, it is just the way VW made them. The other issue I had recently was the battery needing to be replaced at about 30K miles (this was causing the trunk latch in the car to not pop the trunk completely open).

Despite all the issues, I love the drive and feel of the car. I am constantly being told how much people love the look and the color. It also drives very smooth and zips when needed.

definitely change the brake pads so they will not immediately squeal and cause embarrassment and fix the minor bugs that keep us going to the dealership time and time again for the exact issues.

Very Happy Customer
By Stubman

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Style, reliability, great mileage and a top that disappears under 30 seconds without leaving the car are just a few reasons I love my EOS. Getting 33 mpg on the highway was a pleasant surprise. Press the gas and this beauty will fly. When the top is down people are always questioning me on what kind of car I drive. One elderly man told me it did not look like the VW's we was use to in the 60's. Even in the dead of winter I stay toasty warm and dry. This car is tight. Nothing seems to ever go wrong. My main problem is I find myself looking for an excuse to "go out for a spin". Very high quality throughout. Thank You VW.

Of course the disappearing top is the best feature. Style, great mileage and quickness make this car very fun to drive. I can even get two large suitcases in the trunk with the top down. This is unheard of in all other similar cars. The black exterior and tan interior is stunning.

The AM radio reception in this car is poor, but who listens to AM radio anyway. The lack of a storage area for coins and small object could be improved. The doors are very easy to ding with the slightest little bump.

i used to loved my car
By ann

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I choose my car because perfect for me, but after I buyed is trouble after trouble , the seats , the seat belts , the battery, the engine light, the roof leaking, the front glass leaking, and I just think about and make me mad because you buy a new car and you should feel secure well I'm not with this one. the car is pretty and fast thats it .

seats, leaking, seat belts

Interior/Build Problems
By TyAlyson

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Although my 2008 EOS is fun to drive and is reliable in ride/drive, I'm very upset about the constant attention my interior mechanisms need. The emergency brake sleeve was not attached at purchase, sunroof was lubricated for squeak noise, leak repaired on driverside A Pillar, driverside seatbelt keeps twisting inside panel (dealer fixed once but refuse to fix under warranty in future), passenger seat sliding mechanism doesn't work when seat is pushed forward for passenger access (dealer refuses to fix under warranty), passenger side seat recliner knob broke off due to poor design (dealer refuses to fix under warranty), LCD monitor fades on left side when temps reach 100+ degrees...

I love the seat warmers, gas mileage, exterior and interior look, its zip and drive, engine reputation, and it is a cute care!

Some interior mechanisms are poorly designed and fall apart easily. The poor design/placement of equipment causes wear & tear on other features which causes malfunction of parts. It is not the customer's fault!