Used 2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Perfect convertible
By YJ

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I had the Eos for 11 years and loved driving it. I bought a 6 cylinder vehicle so it had a lot of power. It was fun to drive and not too bad on gas. As soon as the warrantee was expired, issues emerged. I had to spend over $700 for batteries (one was for the convertible top), then the motors for the top stopped working and that was over $2000 to fix. Next the catalytic converters went out and that was $2400 to replace in year 9. The last straw was when one of the coils went out and ai had to spend $550 to replace that and around the same time the switch for operating the trunk and gas cap cover broke, another $550 for repairs. It was time to move on.

My Dream Car
By Alan Pascal

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Read your manual and follow tips for great experience. 2007 V6 has plenty of go. only repair so far 88,000 miles was an early coil problem, replaced under warranty. Everyone comments on my car, Red with red leather seats. Lots of luxury features, I find new things all the time. Car takes a little attention per manual, lubricate sliding roof, let windows automatic go down when opening doors to prevent water leaks, etc. I have taken several trips, Grand Canyon, Zion national park

Had to rebuild engine - twice
By CareyGirl

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Bought our 2007 Eos used in 2009, 14,900 miles on it. Love the handling, the comfort, the gigantic moonroof, and there was enough room in the trunk for our suitcases or whatever when the top is up. Fortunately, we had the extended warranty because it started burning oil almost immediately, got worse and worse. Engine rebuilt in 2012 on VW's dime. We moved to California in 2015 and the oil burning got so bad we paid to partially rebuild - clean out the gummed up, hardened oil in the (I'm thinking head gasket?) - for a big price tag. Still burning oil to the tune of half a quart to a quart for each fill-up (300 miles or so). We won't buy a VW again, which is too bad because I love this car so much.

VW Money Pit
By Paul Liepin

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Purchased the car used April 2016. Big disappointment turns out this is truly a wolf in sheep's clothing. Outward appearance's deceiving me with the beauty of the design, but deep within that 2.0t engine held my darkest nightmare. Did all the usual used car checks seems everything was in order. Completed my transaction and on my way back home, after thinking about it for a while I was wondering why I got such a great deal from the seller. Before leaving the sellers home in Maryland I checked the dip stick noticed oil was about half way mark. The seller provided the necessary amount to bring it the top off mark. A 250 mile trip back to my home my eos drove perfect. Next morning checked the fluids oil dip stick was at bottom fill mark quart low. Oh-no I've been had turns out these FSI engines gobble oil. Be aware & "stay clear" of these engines. Otherwise it's a nice car ;-(

Problem (fixed)
By Austin

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my car for almost 2 years now and it's been a good car hasn't had any problems besides the top leaking from time to time. Now I've run up on another problem. My trunk lid won't pop along with my gas lid and my Windows won't roll up or down. To get the gas lid to pop so I can put gas in it to make it to the dealership you have to drop the top half way...my trunk won't pop so I can't drop the top. I talked to a nearby mechanic and he said there's several modules that connect the 3 problems I'm having so if one goes out they all do. What should I do?.....(problem was, that someone had stole a block fuse from under my hood at a car show)