Used 2007 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Eos

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

I was doubtful
By crysqo

2007 Volkswagen Eos 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

So I really wanted a new car and after looking forever, and at numerous cars, I bought the Eos. My car is beautiful! It constantly grabs attention. I got black on black. It's the luxury I want, the utility needed, and fits the budget. And it seals it in a "young" looking package. I'm only 23 and when looking at the Volvos, or the Lexus and BMWs and Cadillacs, they all had about everything but are just old feeling to me. It's very true that the car will grow on you. I was unsure of my purchase at first, but after looking through more cars, I fell in love. This truly is an amazing car. And VW is right - it does get into you. The car seems to have its own personality. Very youthful and fun.

Overall look interior and exterior. Everything is crisp, lean, and well put together. The luxury of supposed higher class cars. The hard top! Ambient lighting. The handling is very nice. All around just a super fun ride. Almost everything about it is my favorite!

VW navi system. Can't have the 6 disk changer and the iPod adapter. It's not touch screen. No Bluetooth (most irritating) and they leave a useless phone button on steering wheel and voice button on navi. I just replaced it. The adjustable center console arm rest slides too much in default position.

Let Down
By oscarkat01

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car drives great and is a joy. It is great driving with top down or up. This car feels much more luxurious the the price. I have never been more disappointed with a car though. The top has been broken for a month now. I have lost top down time which is seasonal where I live. I probably won't be able to put the top down again until spring now. If I wanted a coupe with a sunroof, I would have bought one. I bought a convertible. It is completely unacceptable to me. It doesn't matter how great the car drives or how comfortable it is if I can't put the top down in good weather. I will not be keeping this car. There are plenty of convertibles that don't have these number of problems.

The driving pleasure is great. The handling/ride balance is amazing. It feels much more expensive then it is. The seats are very comfortable. The trunk is useful. The backseat is usable for adults. The controls are perfect. The engine and transmission are spot on.

Fix the leaks, rattles and easily broken parts in the roof. The sunroof buffeting is awful even w/ the pop-up air deflector. The paint is a bit weak. The parts delivery needs to improved. It shouldn't take a month to get a part. The dealer needs to be trained to treat customers better.

2007 Eos
By Ted

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my Eos. I've had it since last April and it hasn't been back to the shop since. The interior is roomy and stylish yet simple. I'm very impressed with the gas mileage, getting 28 miles to the gallon on average so far, despite living in the city. The steering is tight and you can really feel the road. It's fun to drive, even if only down the block. The top is simple to use and when it's up it's hard to believe it's a convertible. The only bad thing is the top-down trunk space, but it's big enough to fit small luggage or a couple suitcases. But I've found the back seat makes a good place to put stuff, too. And you don't look like Mr. Moneybags, having a flashy exterior.

Definitely the retracting hard top, which is usable with a push of a button, but amazing to watch. Also, the interior fit and finish looked a lot more like a Mercedes than a VW.

I think the trunk space could be better, but as far as hard top convertibles go, it's pretty decent.

Great so Far
By Brent

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've owned my Eos for about 2 months now. I have NEVER enjoyed driving a car as much as this one. I'm disappointed everywhere I go that the trip didn't take longer. I think about driving it all day. Yes, it has a couple of weirdnesses, a faint thumping sound sometimes when shifting, and the shifting isn't smooth when it's cold. But litterally other than this, it's the perfect car. It is honestly therapeutic to drive, and I find myself thinking up reasons to go places just to have more time behind the wheel. The top is totally sweet. When it's closed, you can see the sky. When it's open you can feel the sky and the moonroof is great for quick little breaks in the rain. Thanks VW

1) Super fast 2) huge sunroof 3) comfortable seats 4) awesome lit dashboard at night 5) the "tiny" trunk fits a ton of stuff - trips to Costco are easy!

More convenient handle to open the trunk. The small thump when shifting. These are minor.

Versatile
By John

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Great acceleration, but must use a light foot, very easy to "burn rubber". I cannot understand why anyone would need the V6. Auto is solid; the interior controls are easy to use. It takes a while to get used to the narrow seats (I also have a Toyota Avalon), but they break in and are quite comfortable. I considered a Volvo C70, but could not justify the price when compared to the Eos.

Rain sensing wipers, and of course the wonderful folding top.

The only thing I do not like about the auto is the absence of memory seats. Home link should also be available as an option. I don't think that one should have to get the V6 to have these options. Had these features been available as optional equipment I would have purchased them.