Used 2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Got what I wanted
By bayesian

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I love the Eos. At 5'11/ 170#/ 32-33" inseam I fit fine, but if I were over about 6'1/ 34" or seriously overweight (rather than slightly) I'd be running out of room. Seat comfort, support, adjustability range is excellent; control layout mostly excellent. Not _that_ quiet with top up, but OK. Handling with Sport pkg (18") is excellent - ride is firm but not uncomfortable. The 3.2 (which I didn't particularly want, but it was the only way to get Eismeer blue with sport suspension; glad I did) is a rocket with the DSG in sport mode or manual control (in D mode, the DSG has substantial downshift lag; not sure why). Needs more interior storage. No leaks after one month/two rainstorm

Moonroof makes it feel _far_ roomier with the top up than any other convertible I've tried. The diffuser screen works very well if I lower the seat almost all the way; no turbulence at all. Power retractable mirrors. Seat fore-and-aft switch on seat shoulder.

Big: +2-3" of wheelbase so that it could comfortably carry three adults or two adults plus two bigger kids; worth extra weight and polar moment. Little: Key fob operation of top (liability?), adjustable pedals, wheel blocks speedo and tach at freeway speed - add digital spedo/tach at windshield?

Eos - A Great, Fun Car
By vwjonathan

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I waited until the car had been out 6 months and got a 2.0 T in May 2007. The car is a head-turner, fun to drive, and gets better than 30 mpg on the highway. The "wow" factor on this car is a 10 - no other car in the world has a sunroof (panoramic) built into the convertible top. The completely hands-free operation of the top turns this stunning coupe into a sleek, topless car in about 20 seocnds. Even with the top down, there is pleny of room for overnight bags and a laptop. And believe it or not, you really get a back seat that fits adults. The car handles like a true sports car, has a great 50K mile warranty, and will make your neighbors jealous.

Panoramic sunroof, sirius satellite radio, cool violet dash lights, adjustable center console elbow rest, power drivers seat, great fuel economy, and way-too-cool styling.

NONE!!!

Love My Car
By JML

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my Eos. I have always wanted a convertible and finally found one I fell in love with. I wanted a hard top but couldn't find one I really liked until know. It is an eye catcher.

The top of course, that's why I bought it.

More storage room inside. It hesitates sometimes when you step on it... needs to be improved. Overall some of the extras should be standard for the price you pay. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting a convertible handles great overall.

Looks great, built like crap
By njpixie

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned this car since March. I live in Florida, loved the design and the way it drove. Started having problems in the first week with the wheel bearings, then the conv. top made a rattling noise, now I have water coming in from the weather stripping around the top. Also, the paint quality on volkswagens isn't good. Chips occur during driving very easily. Not very satisfied. Will not buy another volkswagen ever!!

Easy conv top, how it looks. Fun to drive, safety.

Paint!!! Quality in craftsmanship.

Don't spend extra for Audi, Volvo or BMW
By crisch

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this convertible. It is just as gorgeous, fast, reliable as the other high priced cars out there! I was on the road and thought I saw another Eos, so I sped up to drive past it and take a look. It was an Audi... and looked so much like my VW. This car is so fun to drive, it's fast and I get lots of compliments on it. It handles well, turns easily and the best part is the fact that you have 3 cars in one. A coupe (with the top up), a convertible (top down) and in between (sunroof that is really big!).

Sunroof, easy to use convertible transition, speed.

Hate how cumbersome it is to open the trunk.