Used 2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Most fun car I've ever owned
By Lisa

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Not only is this car sexy, but it is so fun to drive! My husband is always looking for reasons why he has to drive it because he loves it too. We even put two car seats in the back. The wind isn't too much, it doesn't even mess up my hair on the way to work. Plus I'm always getting comments on how great it looks - it's great!! My only complaint is the trunk is heavy and hard to close - not a big deal, just annoying. The trunk space is reasonable for a convertible. I love the sunroof - it's not something I use because it's way too loud when open, but it's great to have the sunlight in the winter - convertibles can be dark when the top is closed - not this car!

The speed, handling and sun roof.

Put a handle or something to close the trunk - not easy. The sun roof is really loud too when used.

Eos Reliability
By jmkober

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I purchased my Eos, the 3.2 with sport package after driving the 2.0T. Gas mileage is about 24 MPG overall. Car is loads of fun to drive but is not as comfortable on long trips as I would have hoped. It has been in the shop 5 times in 5 months for a defective strut, rattle in doors (recall), broken lumbar motor and leaking. Car still rides rough. I don't understand it. I even swapped out the 18s for some Michelin 16s, no help. I am considering a trade in for the 2.0T without sport package as I love the looks.

Top of course, auto volume control, auto wipers, heated seats, and fun to drive factor.

Add bluetooth capability from factory as well as touchscreen and DVD capablity to the nav xystem. Improve quality and ride. Lower price.

Your Search is officially over!
By Car Enthusiast

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Having owned an array of cars in the past and having searched the market many times over for the perfect convertible, I can say that I hit the jackpot with the Eos. Great performance, amazing build quality, head-turning styling, affordable maintenance, good gas milage, versitile top styling, and all around fun car to drive. This is a must for both convertible enthusiast and those wanting a more practical coupe. The design of the front and rear wind screen is ingenious and in combination with the windows up and top down, you barely feel or hear wind noise. Drive it, experience it, and please don't wait to buy it!

Engineering features of the top, windscreens, and spacious lugage compartment. Great handling and more than adequate acceleration. Styling that rivals the best luxury cars. VW dependability and service. Well designed letherette interior.

The top can squeak just a bit on rough streets, however this is minimal and requires very rough driving. For the price, all trim levels should have automatic head lights. I am so used to having them, I forget to turn the lights off at night. Otherwise, amazing!

Former rag top driver
By Robin

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've always had a rag top. I love this car, best of both worlds. Looks like a transformer when the top goes down. Careful, this little car is very fast. Quiet inside. Hope this red convertible doesn't get me a speeding ticket.

My favorite feature has to be that folding top. It goes in the trunk in just 25 seconds.

It's hard to leave the window open a crack when its raining. It drips on you.

Best bang for your buck!
By noodles

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I love this car! After searching and driving everything convertible priced at $35k and below, this is by far the best. A Mustang GT can't touch the handling and gas mileage, it's overall shorter than a Chrysler Sebring but somehow roomier in the back. Better craftsman ship than ANY American made car in this price range and holds its resale! I got the auto/manual transmission with manual controls on the steering wheel. I feel like I'm flying a plane! Do your homework and test drive everything else before driving an Eos, because once you test drive you to will be hooked on the Eos!

Driving at night is so much fun! The blue and red interior lights really set it off at night. Very safe car for my 5 year old. They don't make many, so not everyone will be driving one. 9 speaker CD with iPod and 6 disc changer rocks!! The transmission controls on the steering wheel is great!

Hot and cold cup holders in the front would be nice. Standard tinted rear window would be nice as well. Could use a digital speedometer. Adults will have a hard time getting into the back with the top up.