Used 2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

Annoyed
By Kristin

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my Eos this June and it's been in for service three times, twice for leaks. They still have it and have had it for 22 days straight claiming the part is being made in Germany. It’s the summertime and I can't even enjoy my top down. This is the first VW I have ever bought and will most likely be the last. The service department has no idea when my part will come in, I find this ridiculous! I also have a problem with the back drive side window, sometimes when you're closing it, it goes back down. This car has caused me so much problems.

Wow!
By bjahil47

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have had my Eos for 3 months now and I love it. It is so much fun to drive and I have people staring at me all the time. Only problem I have had is the strap which holds the seat belt is already worn out. I have not told the dealer yet.

The hard top convertible, driving with the top down!!

Bluetooth installed, why have the steering wheel button that is useless?

Conversation Starter
By Superdogsteve

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is the most fun car I have ever driven! I did not even know VW made this vehicle until a friend bought one, and after the test drive, it even convinced my wife we should get a third car for fun and gas savings. I get looks and questions all the time when I drive it, with the top up or down. I even had a guy follow me home to see what it was that I was driving (that was a little strange). All I can say is FUN. It is fast and handles well. It is well appointed and I definitely suggest getting the dynaudio stereo upgrade, it only adds to the fun! It is perfect for my wife and me, with two car seats in the back. Now my two year old always wants to ride in the "wee car"!

The top of course and the automatic wipers. Style - don't buy this car unless you want attention.

Homelink should be standard, and I really would love a diesel version in the US. I hear the diesel gets 52 MPG in Europe.

Eos: Goddess of My Goddess
By Ray

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My wife wanted a convertible. We researched all the models out there and, having owned a couple BMWs, I figured the new 3 with the folding hardtop was a winner. She drove the Mercedes SLK350 and CLK 350, and the VW beat both out in terms of utility and features. The back seat is really functional for grown-ups and purses and packages. The trunk is large with the top up and decent with the top down. It takes up little garage space. And, not even close to broken in, we got 32 mpg on the last tank! (Break it in gently and you will be rewarded!) Excellent quality. Unique. Sweet! A great all-around car that happens to be a convertible!

Build quality. We wanted the nauga seats with the wheel upgrade. Love 'em. Test drove the Sport package and didn't notice a difference in ride. Couldn't get the nauga seats without avoiding the sport/prem package. Base radio is awesome. Truly a sweet little car my wife has fallen in love with.

Forget the high-end stereo. The base model is awesome. Turbo lag from start takes a little getting used to (light foot!!). Wife smoked tires a couple times on test drive. 6-spd auto shifts eagerly but early when cold. Absolutely superb when warm! Nice bass exhaust rumble coming to a stop (top down).

Great Quality
By Bill - Boston

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We have had our Eos for seven months with virtually no issues. Has plenty of power, with the 6 speed transmission it is incredible. No issues with water leaks. The top is a mechanical marvel and having the sun roof too makes it a car for all seasons

Shiftable automatic transmission. Handling.

Sport seats are a little too narrow.