Used 2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible

View reviews for a specific Eos model:

The best hard top convertible ever!!
By Kaitar

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car for almost a month now and I just love it to pieces! Definitely a head-turner, and I get asked all the time about the car! I live in a place where we get a lot of wind storms and that was my concern with the hard top convertible, but it's absolutely no problem - unlike what's said about other hard top convertibles that have no idea what a huge wind sail they put up. This is my first convertible, and although this is my first new car, I feel comfortable saying that this is the car that will be my "forever ride"!!

Everything! Top up, top down, sunroof, automatic wipers, fun fun fun!!!

Make more in the Thunder Blue color - that's the only option that I couldn't get

A very fun car
By ech

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Have owned the Eos for a couple of months. It is ridiculously fun to drive and it gets better over time as you get used to the car's personality. Rear visibility is much better than most convertibles with the top up. The power seats are very comfortable, but I found the tilt of the manually operated seats was fixed in a way that was somewhat painful. The back seat and trunk are actually usable, so while the Eos doesn't scream practicality, it doesn't scream mid-life crisis either. It surprises me more people don't know about this car, but I suppose that's a good thing if you enjoy driving something unique.

Powerful and efficient engine, DSG transmission, quality paint and interior materials, very effective windblocker. Most of all, owning a car that does something that makes people say "wow".

Tires are noisy, climate control not as refined as other cars, shorter people have a very difficult time reaching the trunk lid to pull it back down.

My third convertible
By my car

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my third convertible. I live in California and I must have a convertible. I have always been a "muscle" car girl so I was thinking of my third mustang when I saw the Eos. My college boys were test driving a VW Rabbit on a rainy day and I stayed behind in the showroom. I noticed this cute car with a line down the back of the top. I asked if it was a hard top convertible and the salesman said "yes" and showed it to me. By the time the boys got back I made them a deal. They could have my 2001 GT convertible, 5 speed V8 because I had found my car. The turbo is plenty zippy, the fit and finish are great and the gas mileage was the deal maker.

I love putting the top down. My kids call it my "transformer" like the movie. It is fun to drive and I don't get blown all over like I did in the mustang. The wind screen in the back works like a champ.

I would love to see leather seats.

Loving It
By Lisa

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was truly surprised at the power of this 4-cylinder turbo. My husband told me I had become the proud owner of his Lexus after he took it out for the day. I didn't think I would ever be able to go back to a 4 cylinder again, and was surprised that I didn't have to compromise anything in driving power. I was looking for something that would be fun to drive, get good gas mileage, and was hoping for a convertible as well. This matched all my criteria. I fall in love with it more and more each day.

Hard top convertible, acceleration, mileage, fun to drive. Prepare to feel young again!

You have to step on the gas fast in order to keep from rolling back while on a hill, which makes it seem like a manual tran.

You Gotta Get One!!
By EosToni

2007 Volkswagen Eos Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have never driven a car that has sparked more conversations or more compliments! Anytime I put the top up or down in public I hear "Aww cool" and "Wow!" and "Where can I get one of those!" It's been amazing. Everyone from every walk of life can't help but smile when they see it drive by. My kids love it as well. It's so great that all 3 can sit comfortably and still enjoy a convertible. The back seats are the most spacious of any I've test driven and believe me that's a lot of cars.

I can't say enough about the interior and fabulous seats either. The seats are completely adjustable. If you're on the more petite side, just lift the seat up... yes, it actually raises to the level you need. Not to mention the thousands of ways you can adjust the tilt, lumbar support, etc.

Make more! I had to wait 2 weeks for mine.