Used 2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Stay away from these vehicles
By Bob Carr

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this vehicle for my son 2 months ago. The appearance of the CC is great but within 2 months I had to have it towed twice due to fuel injectors. Fortunately Volkswagon extended the warranty up to 120,000 miles obviously because of problems with fuel injectors. Rather than replacing all 4 they would only replace the faulty one so about 10 days later I had to have it towed again for another fuel injector. I had the rear main seal replaced for a cost of $1,200. Replaced the 2 rear tires due to cupping. Replaced 2 tail light bulbs. The check engine light came on at least 3 times. Picked this CC up from the VW yesterday with a bill just over $500 to replace PCV assembly and to clean oil off of engine. I purchased the car for $4,900 and have a total of just over 7k invested. This vehicle had 96000 miles on it when purchased. Prior to this car we had a 1997 Honda Prelude with over 160000 miles on it which we never were left stranded and never had it towed. I realized this was a huge mistake buying and spending so much money trying to keep it running so while the vehicle was at the VW dealer I decided to trade it in on anything but a Volkswagon. The used car sales manager told me basically a CC with high miles are junk. He said to look around his lot and you will not see a CC anywhere for that reason. I did see 3 CCs parked around the service department. He offered me $1,500 to trade it in. This made me sick so I started searching for a used Honda Civic which I found for a great price from another dealer. This Dealer showed me this vehicle should sell for $2900 at an auction and without even seeing it he offered me $3500 for it which I jumped on. I will never own another Volkswagon and I will tell everyone I know to stay away from them. I am sick over this because they look like a beautiful vehicle.

Comfortable, Sporty, Safe and Classy
By Simeon

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Make sure there are no oil leaks and that the transmission oil was changed at 40k or you will feel the transmission noisy and loose. Check for any cupping of the tires, because this model is known to cup the tires, as mine did, regardless of alignment. Otherwise, enjoy the ride, comfortable, sporty, safe and classy.

V6 CC - Rarity!!
By P Flisher

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I LOVE my CC! This car has served me well over the past 8 years and I do NOT look forward to replacing it at the end of its usage. I now understand how to manage the tires (rotate every 5k) and have kept her well maintained.

WARP DRIVE
By WARP DRIVE

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Hey,this car is very cool,it has all the power any sane person could want via the 2.0 turbo... However VW wants to accept the least responsibility possible for their design flaws. So here it is the transmission hesitates on take off and the folks at VW just blow it off as something they are researching and taking note of... This isn't good business but they could care less,I would expect this from YUGO or some other bust out group. These guys have already shown their colors after being busted on mpg and emission issues... Hey VW clean up your act and put a few more dollars into what your building,people will pay more for solid performing cars but you as a corporation shouldn't expect second chances when the consumer is getting cheated out of a reasonable expectation.

Great car
By Wayne Holt

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I love driving this car, I have a Nissan Z convertible, and I always drive my VW CC, great handling, low maintenance cost, oil change is once a year, I have had no problems out of this car. Highly recommended, anyone looking to buy this car get it, you will not be disappointed.