Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Awesome!!
By jaime

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am happy to write a review on my cc. I needed a car to move around town, I average 120 miles a day commuting. I looked at lexus iseries and bmw 3 series but wanted something different . This car gets so much attention,, everyone says it's the prettiest vw they have seen. It is so fun to drive i hardly feel the commute and don't mind getting on the road. It has never given me any mechanical problems and feels as new and exciting to drive even today after over 30k miles. I highly recommend it and plan on keeping it for a very long time. If you enjoy driving a quality car and don't care for flashy brand names and still like to stand out from the rest of the sheep this is the car for you!

exterior design, comfortable interior and simple display panel....

diesel or hybrid version in the future

Lovely to look at delightful to drive
By Jerry Henricks

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for more than a year. It is the first automatic transmission I have had for three decades - no participation like having a 6 speed manual. I love everything about it regarding superior styling, very quiet, steering and handling. The quality shows in everything it does. The two tone leather seating gives it a lot of panache. The heater/air conditioning is terrific once you've let it do its thing. I have the 'jet airplane impeller" set of wheels - the coupe de grace. The seating comfort makes it a real road runner. Gets 21 mpg around town (driven hard) and 29 on interstates. No problems other than a rim and tire from a road hazard. You're going to love it! I sure do.

The so called 4 door coupe design is the basis of what makes this VW unique. The direct injection makes torque what small displacement sport cars I've owned always wanted. Actually, it has too many features for my taste - weight and cost are the result.

Two items have really bothered me - I cannot have my CD and radio when parked with the engine off - only with ignition, grill lights stay on! VW says the need for the music storage disc is the culprit. Also, poor visibility - good out the windshield but a maze when looking to enter traffic and park

My Stellar CC
By Charlie

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned the car for 7 months now, added the gold coast accessories package on a white gold CC VR6 4Motion. I get stopped weekly at gas stations, stores, starbucks etc people asking what kind of car. if you are bored of today's boring designs and average ride quality, just go buy one. this car stands entirely above it's base 26k price.

the sound of a VR6

really? nothing.

4-Motion is KING in snow!
By Steven

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my VW CC with slight hesitation as I originally did not want the VR6 4-motion. What I originally wanted was a VR6 Sport with black or silver exterior w/ navigation. The vehicle that fit my description was not available at my local dealer but they did have a VR6 4-Motion in Iron Gray ext w/navi (64mi on the ODM) with huge discount on the price as they were already getting in MY10s. So I took it. It took me a while to get used to the ext color but I instantly fell in love with the car when winter came with heavy snow. The 4-motion makes driving in Michigan snow weather so easy when I compare it to my previous MY2000 BMW 323i. No slips or ESC/TCS lights blinking...just WONDERFUL!

Exterior/interior design, 4-motion

Bi-xenon headlight option and 4-motion with the 4cyl variant. In short, get rid of the V6 unless a twin turbo charged V6 with 300+hp is offered.

Bang Bang for the buck
By Mark

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Amazing styling (Mercedes CLS lines) that constantly gets compliments with an interior superior to that of the latest Audi A4. This is the base model with so many options and power I don't know why you would need the upgrade package considering its lofty price tag. Good mileage - week and a half per tank (27 avg. mpg). If this is the future of VW, autobahn driving will have Bavarian Motor Works in their rearview.

Styling and interior features.

For the price, its hard to ask for more. Too early to comment on VW's historically high cost to maintain.