Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen CC

View reviews for a specific CC model:

I love this car
By Neo

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I usually suffer from some buyer's remorse when I buy a car, but not this time. I just bought this car to replace an Infiniti I30T and I couldn't be happier. I had test driven the Lexus ES, BMW 3 series, Maxima and a few other cars and chose the CC for its styling, peppy engine (the 4-cylinder 2.0T is much quicker than the 6 cylinder I had on the I30), and price in comparison to other cars that were less sexy, had fewer features and were $5k to $10k more. I get more compliments on this car than others I have owned and people often wonder what type of car it is. I would definitely recommend (and have recommended) this car to others.

-It's extremely comfortable and well designed from a driving perspective (controls are easy, seats a awesome); -Gas mileage (I average about 28 mph according to the computer) -Style - it is so much better looking that many higher priced cars -Price ('09 CC Sport Luxury with Nav for $29k)

None right now.

Water Retention (rear doors)
By DGrant

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my VW CC for 7 months now and I'm still in love with it. Not only does it perform and ride well, it's an attention getter. However, the issue of water retention in the rear doors is annoying. With every heavy rain, I'm opening the rear doors to release the water, and checking the floor for wetness.

I'm impressed with the the sleek exterior design.

Rear door water drainage, side view mirrors are too small. There are blind spots (especially on the drivers' side).

Fun & reliable car with water issues
By Hello

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have already put over 10,000 miles on my new VW. I searched for awhile before purchasing it. I looked at new Honda Accord, new Nissan Altima, a used BMW 3 series and many more, but decided to go with the VW CC. This is the first VW I have ever owned. I have had it in the shop a couple of times already. The first problem was the speedometer was fluctuating. They replaced it with a new one, but I do notice it is off by one mile from the electronic display. The second and major issue is the doors are holding water. The back right side door especially is holding water. They are not sure how to fix it, but I did hear a service bulletin is coming out on this issue.

My favorite features is the driving experience.

Better build quality.

Great Car!
By Luis @ Houston

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great car. $70k style with $30k price. 2lt turbo is adequate. 4- seat concept is nice. It developed a water leak inside but VW of America called me to bring to the shop to have it fixed. They know now the door seals accumulate water and are fixing. Great styling outside and inside. Good motor. turbo boost. Great seats. I'm 5'9" married no kids and car is perfect for us.

Back-up rearview camera. Navigation system. Hard-drive disk in stereo. In- Dash screen. Outside styling is great. Seats are super gripping.

More engine power. Paddle shifters.

Best looking car on the road today
By Greg

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I looked at the Mercedes, BMW, Audi, and Acura's. The CC looks better than all of them, and has an incredibly large trunk, with a back-seat that also folds down. The technology package is awesome - even accepts a mini-flash card for music, and play's DVD movies while waiting. Another cool feature is the "auto-hold' brake. It automatically holds the car until you press the accelerator - great in rush hour traffic. This is a great car and excellent value. It's design will last at least 10 years or more.

GPS, Hard drive player, DVD player, cornering headlights that auto-dim after the turn, style, seating, fold-down rear seat, large trunk, tech styling inside, awesome grill and rear deck. Perfect.

Kids complain backseat is a little stiff after a long drive. Ride can be a little rough on bumps - EOS rides smoother.