Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Why did we wait so long?
By wayne

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Visited the dealer in fall of '08 to experience the new Jetta Sportwagen to replace our valued 2000 Jetta TDI and almost tripped over my tongue salivating over this unbadged model. We just could not decide because they each offered specific lifestyle features we valued. Finally chose the VR6-4Motion and have not regretted it one bit. The handling is fantastic! Design is ahead of the crowd. In 7K miles the low is 24mpg and the high is 31. Extremely comfortable for long business trips. Have owned a lot of vehicles over 1.6M miles of driving and still have the 911 and H1 Hummer but this is the one that always gets driven.

Design, Handling, Fuel Economy, Functionality, Comfort, lack of badging is so refreshing...most vehicles look like roadside billboards...its distinctive design does not suffer from an identity crisis like others.

Where is the diesel version?

2009 VR-6 Great Deal
By HoustonJR

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Replacing 2002 Passat. Vehicle is much quicker and more fun to drive. Got a great deal on a VR-6 model, paid $29.2K in Houston, TX. Have put 1000 highway miles on it and it's very comfortable. Averaged 28 mpg.

Exterior looks, very supportive seats, quick acceleration

Sunroof that opens

Still going strong
By attaymik

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my CC almost a year and overall, I'm extremely satisfied with my car. I had an issue with the AC compressor and it took about 3 weeks for the dealer to get the part in (from Germany no less), test and repair. I was annoyed by that, but more at the way it was handled by the Dealer. During that spell, I limited the amount of time I drove the car because it was hot and no air! The iPod adpater works great w/my iPhone but has to be constantly plugged/unplugged with my Nano, might be the Nano. Other than that, I've had no other issues. It's fun to drive, gets great gas mileage and I still receive compliment after compliment. I still love my car.

I love the auto hold--use it all the time going thru Starbucks, the seating is very comfortable, sound system, 40gb hard drive.

I noticed more of a lag when in Sport mode than I did with my other Passat. Dealer says it's normal. No other suggestions at this time.

This Car is a Winner!
By Bette

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drive an average of 800 miles a week and I'm still amazed at its comfort, performance, style, and value. Like driving it more than my BMW 530I...and receive way more compliments. Surprisingly good gas 30-33 highway, 25 avg MPG. Great traction, torque and overall performance. At first glance easy to confuse for the Mercedes CLS.

Exterior and Interior styling, Bluetooth, rear camera, Navigation system. Easy uncomplicated ride. Comfortable seats. Everything.

Better visibility for blind spots

Very Impressed
By Eric Sands

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had mine for about 3 months now. I love the way it drives. Very German. Sporty. Stiff but not jarring at all. Very quiet cabin at highway speeds. Quality craftmanship interior and exterior. I love the simplistic layout of the cockpit. There is just enough to give you the info you need, without cluttering up the dash with useless trinkets and faux finishes. The brushed aluminum is real. No problems so far. I am a little disappointed in the gas mileage. Nowhere near advertised. They stated 27 mpg highway. I do 95% of my driving on the highway and I never hit traffic and I am getting about 23 mpg. That will add up quite a it over the years...

Dynaudio is absolutely a MUST!!! Very comparable B&O of Audi. This car gets looks. Like "stop and stare looks" everywhere I go. I have had strangers come up to me to ask about the car. This car loves to go fast! The faster you go, the better the drive. Nice pickup too. On mine around 0-60 in 5.8s.

Better gas mileage... or more truthful disclosure about it. Bluetooth should be standard on a car at this price point. More interior color choices. Oh! And a sliding sunroof would put this package over the top!