Used 1992 Volkswagen Cabriolet Consumer Reviews

$770 - $1,792

Used Cabriolet for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Most Reliable Car Ever!

John, 09/05/2008
Carat 2dr Convertible

I bought this car wanting an inexpensive, fuel efficient yet fun and reliable car. I have had it for over 4 years and it has never broke down on me. It is the most reliable car I've ever owned and I've owned plenty, including new cars. I love this car and it's fun to drive. I drove it across country and had the time of my life. This car has required very low maintenance. Other than replacing the tires and regular oil changes, I haven't been set back at all. It's paid for itself.

1992 Wolfsburg Model a total disaster

JohnMcDougal, 07/18/2009
Wolfsburg Classic 2dr Convertible

This was initially a great, fun, fuel efficient ride. After just 35,000 miles it had a massive coolant leak problem that cost thousands to repair despite the fact that it had been beautifully maintained with regular service at a certified shop. At 45,000 miles, the transmission went. This cost several thousand more dollars to repair. After that, it was all normal service (brakes, pumps, belts, etc). It was fine, if increasingly noisy, for years after this. Despite being garaged its whole life, the exterior pieces started to fall off. Then, the engine imploded on the freeway at 75,000 miles. At this point, we junked it.

Best Car I Have Ever Owned

Mary Jo Welch, 10/17/2003
2dr Convertible

This is the best car I have ever owned. It has a timeless styling and still gets admiring glances. I will always have a VW convertible. I am meticulous about servicing the car and it has paid off.

get what you paid for

bkoraman, 07/03/2002
2dr Convertible

I purchased this car with a newly installed roof. It is in a fair condition with minor cosmatic details. I think I got what I paid for.

Best car I ever had.

Fer, 05/25/2021
Wolfsburg Classic 2dr Convertible

I miss it so much, I’m searching for another one.... should have never sold it. I sold it in 2006 for $2200, $200 more than I paid for it and it was in good/fair condition. A guy came to look at it and offered me $1500 for it. I told him to get off my property! $1500??!! This car was my best friend!!