2017 Volkswagen Beetle Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Volkswagen Beetle Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Beetle model:

Second VW Beetle - fun car
By Joe

2017 Volkswagen Beetle Hatchback 1.8T SE 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I have enjoyed the car. We were very disappointed that VW no longer offers a manual transmission. We had a 2014 TDI Beetle that was part of the emissions recall. It had a six speed stick and it was very enjoyable to drive. The 2017 model came equipped with an automatic only. The interior space is good for two. The back seats are usable only with young children. The instrument cluster is arranged satisfactorily, but lacks the indicators I prefer - oil pressure, volt/amp meter and engine temperature. Engine temperature is available digitally by scrolling through the options, but can be distracting as you scroll. The car overall is well made, fit and finish are good.

great ride and drive
By Stevo

2017 Volkswagen Beetle Hatchback 1.8T SE 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First I got a 2015 VW Beetle Yellow then I traded in for another car last February which should not have. Since then I miss it a lot. Just got a 2017 VW Beetle this time is red. This is has Turbo, wiper sensor, auto head light which did not have on 2015. I had the sunroof on 2015 which I rarely use. No sunroof on the 2017 which is fine with me. I got with 9K on it and looks new. Now I am glad I got it back, now having fun driving it. I still have the 4runner when I need it.

Nice Car looks great it’s a Beetle
By Stephen

2017 Volkswagen Beetle Hatchback 1.8T Classic 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Good on gas Looks good to

1 mo and 4500mi. later
By Scott

I am a big tall person and bought the beetle because it was a 2 door. Gas mileage is fantastic and it runs great at 75 mph. Radio is decent but no remote start or other luxury items. Seat quality could use another inch of foam. Tires are awful but Hankook put me into better tires. Hydroplaned in heavy rain. Probably going to end up with Michelins. Now for the good things. It is a blast to drive and it likes to go fast. Cruise control is great. Stopping for a deer was fantastic ( I live in North Texas). My king ranch is so lonely from sitting, it is lonely. Need a lot better dealer support.

Looks great, but that's about it
By James

2017 Volkswagen Beetle Hatchback 1.8T S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The looks of the Beetle are great, but the driving experience is very underwhelming. Tons of road noise & not that easy to see out of the rear. Car handles & accelerates ok but the interior fabric & armrests feel rather cheap. Much nicer feeling small cars on the market like the NIssan Sentra & Honda Civic, they just don't have the Beetle look.