Used 2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Beetle Convertible model:

Got that bug fever..
By Robert Lynch

2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Turbo PZEV 2dr Convertible w/Prod. End 5/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm the type that usually buys used cars, but with a warranty and from a dealer. Hence, I purchased a 2013 fully loaded beetle convertible 2.0 turbo in January 2018. It was five years old with only 16,000 miles. I paid $16k with a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty. The original sticker was $35k. The best way to drive this car is in manual mode. I have an automatic DSG. When it's in drive mode, it feels bogged down. Driving at 35mph, the transmission is already in 5 gear at of 6 gears. In manual mode you can really feel the turbo and it put a grin on your face...Not the same grin as you'd get with a miata, but it's a very satisfying car to drive. I was impressed with this front wheel drive car this winter. In a snow storm is just plowed through my local snowed filled streets with no issues what so ever. The fender stereo sound is bar none the base sound I've heard in a stock radio. I had an error message when opening the convertible top. However it would always open on the second attempt. Since I have the 2 year warranty, VW Kelly of Danvers MA took care of the issue, free of charge. I'm very happy with my purchase and plan to keep the car for at least the next five years. VW's seem not to have the best reliability reputation, but I've not had that experience. I had a 2009 CC that ran flawlessly until I sold it with 100k miles. Never had an issue and always started up. The CC is a great highway cruiser. I had the V6 engine.

Great with small children
By Johnny

2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 2.5L 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

So far, our Beetle is a huge hit with our 5 year old twins. They love riding with the top down and being able to see out the windows (with the help of a booster seat). The car handles great, rides great and is fun to drive. My only dis-satisfaction is that the drivers seat doesn't recline. Of course there's not much backseat leg room, but just enough for the young kids. We haven't had it long, but after just a short while, we began to consider buying a newer model with more bells and whistles.

So much fun and a great ride
By Robin

2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 2.5L 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

So much fun and a great ride. This is our second beetle convertible, and I've decided I want no other car for the rest of my life. We have such a good time in this car. It's great looking and rides beautifully. It holds so much more luggage and gear than it looks like it would. We have a bike rack on the back and travel in it often. Aside from the cost of even the most basic maintenance, I highly recommend it.

fun to drive!
By Peggy

2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 2.5L 2dr Convertible w/Sound, Navigation (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Solid, handles great, head turner!

VW Convertible Bug
By Karen Capron

2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 2.5L 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Great and fun car to drive! I would recommend this to any two-party couples to drive for fun!