Save up to $4,700 with EV Tax Credits & Rebates
View rebatesView rebates
- Federal Tax Credit for Retail non-cash$4,000Restrictions:
Beginning January 1, 2023 under the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) offers taxpayers a Used Clean Vehicle Tax Credit equal to 30% of the sale price up to a maximum credit of $4,000 for the purchase of a used plug-in electric or hydrogen fuel cell vehicle.
For the vehicle to qualify:
- Price cannot exceed $25,000.
- Need to verify the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- Must be at least two model years older than the current calendar year in which the vehicle was purchased.
- Must be sold through a dealership, private sales not permitted.
- Not have already been transferred after August 16, 2022, to a qualified buyer.
For individuals to qualify:
- Must meet income eligibility, depending on modified adjusted gross income (AGI) and tax filing status.
- Must not be the first owner of the qualifying vehicle.
- Has not been allowed a credit under this section for any sale during the 3-year period ending on the date of the sale of such vehicle.
- Purchased for personal use, not a business, corporation or for resale.
To learn more, visit https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/used-clean-vehicle-credit
- State Charging Station Offer$700Restrictions: The Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) offers the Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Rebate for residential reimbursements, covering 50% of the total eligible purchase and installation costs incurred with a maximum rebate up to $700. Please note, EVSE rebates will no longer be issued for Level 1 (120V) EVSE purchased on or after October 1, 2023. To qualify for this rebate, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of the state of Maryland.
- Applications must be received by within 6 months of the date that the equipment and/or installation expenses were incurred.
- Limited to one (1) rebate per individual resident. If an individual has previously received an EVSE rebate from MEA, they are not eligible.
- If more than one installation occurs at the same address, a different member of the household will need to submit an application for each installation.
To learn more, visit https://energy.maryland.gov/transportation/pages/incentives_evserebate.aspx
* Delivery of any kind does not apply to Alaska and Hawaii. Contact the dealer for delivery details, restrictions and costs.