Used 2013 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

reliable car with good fuel efficiency
By Bob Valla

2013 Toyota Yaris L 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2 year old certified 2013 Yaris L (hatchback) with 25k mils and used it for more than 3 years (65k miles). 4 Adults can sit comfortably. Engine makes huge noise when ever driven over 75 miles per hour. Fuel efficient 34-35 on highway and 29-30 in city. Very less maintenance. Infact i only had change the tires and brakes and rotors (rear drum brake) for this. I drove it in Michigan winters and snow with both all-season and winter tires. It fares just fine considering it is not a 4 wheel drive.

First Toyota experience, and won't be the last.
By Billy Meyer

2013 Toyota Yaris LE 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for a fuel efficient car for a two hour round trip commute to work. I went by word of mouth on Toyota's reliability, and bought this car from a rental company. It had 65,000 miles when I purchased it in 2015, and now has 196,000 miles. The only things that I have done to this car are routine oil changes. I've bought one set of new tires, and recently had the coolant flushed. This little car has been bulletproof so far. Gas mileage is great (about 40-42 MPG @ 65MPH highway driving). My average between town and highway is usually around 35-36 MPG. My favorite thing about this car is what my wife calls "tiny car parking". It will fit just about anywhere normal cars can't. The turn radius is my next favorite thing. You can almost do a u-turn in an alleyway. The interior is quite roomy for a small car...a lot better than I had expected. My only complaint is that the body is kind of cheap (plastic bumpers with plastic brackets) but that is most cars nowadays. Toyota has made a believer out of me.

Fun Car to Drive and Easy to Park
By Angela Glad

2013 Toyota Yaris SE 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Limited Cargo room, but if you are smart you can get everything in. I hauled 4 different peoples sets of camping gear and luggage down to the Keys, and got everything in. Easy to find Parking because it fits in small spaces. This car has a lot of pep for a 4 cylndar car and great on gas! I have driven it to NY and back to FL several times now, and it is a very reliable car. I get about 35-37 MPG Hwy and about 27 City. Its a great commuter car. It is a snap together vehicle made with some plastic parts, but it has 9 air bags...

An impressive small car
By jscion

2013 Toyota Yaris L 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just replaced my Scion xA with a Yaris L 5-door in Classic Silver and I have to say that I really like this car a lot.
I'm so glad that Toyota did away with the awful center mounted gauges.
I had those in my Scion xA and grew to hate the whole setup after a few years.
The interior in the Yaris is extremely well designed with easy to use controls, nice materials and very good fit and finish.
It feels like a much larger, more expensive car than it actually is and drives great in the city, on the thruway, and even in the snow and ice.
Out the door with tax and everything, the Yaris was a very reasonable $17,700.
The Yaris is also one on the most reliable cars you can buy.

I really like the green ECO light on the dashboard that lights up when you're driving economically. That really helps to save on gas. The stereo is also extremely impressive for a base model sub-compact. You get six, flawless sounding speakers with iPOD and auxiliary ports. That's not usually standard at this price level. The large, single front windshield wiper is awesome and works amazingly well for clearing snow off in a single swipe. The steering wheel design is one of the coolest little quirks about this car. It's smaller in size, fatter in the 10 and 2 position, and flat on the bottom coupled with tight yet light feeling steering is quite impressive for a car at this price point

The worst feature about this car is the 4-speed auto transmission and it's your only choice. It shifts too quickly through the gears at lower speeds and feels harsh and unresponsive at times. This transmission ruins an otherwise modern, refined car.

I really love this car.
By septembersrain

2013 Toyota Yaris LE 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I originally had this car as a rental. I actually felt it's reliability and eager anticipation of me using the passing gear. I love how the car feels bigger than it is. The interior could use a bit more softer materials to make it easier to keep clean and scratch/damage free. It also needs arm rests, Unfortunately that isn't a standard feature.

When given premium gas, This car actually gets quite perky! Needless to say, I returned the rental but bought one exactly like it with 3 doors instead of 5. I love it! The black pearl paint really glimmers in the sun....

Agility, Gas mileage, Fun-factor, Easy controls, Reliability

Softer internal materials, Arm rests.