Used 2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

I hate my Yaris
By lilliann

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

It is the most boring car I have ever driven and I have driven many cars.
I traded a 2007 Mini Cooper for this dreadful vehicle.
It's a huge effort to pass a car in front of me - it doesn't want to; its automatic transmission shifts first up, then down, then up again around 30 miles per hour on an un-level street; it has terrifying brakes that lock up; it won't track over 60 miles per hour (constantly fighting the steering wheel to keep the car in a straight line - very tiring); no comfortable place for my feet.
I absolutely hate everything about it, except for the gas mileage - and yes, that's very good.
I recommend new car buyers to steer clear of this one.
Get a Mini Cooper instead.

Gas mileage

Everything.

GO YARIS!
By nickac

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded an Infiniti G35 for a yaris, which might seem like a huge difference, and it was. However, I been very happy with this decision. I constantly am averaging 31.5 mpg in the city and about 39 highway, which is fantastic. The reliability I cant say much about yet because my car only has 4300 miles, but it starts up in sub zero temps and hasn't given me trouble yet. The car feels solid for a cheap car. I hate how all the reviewers knock this car because it really is not that bad. It is affordable, practical, reliable, and excellent on gas. Despite toyotas recalls, I still think they are far superior than many other brands. For example, Nissan, GM, Ford, and mazda. Yaris is a great car!

MPG!, Turning Radius, Comfort, Practicality, and quiet ride. Has a very nice ride for the price.

None really, if any maybe add interior volume, and Mpg can always be better, but im not complaining.

Good, cheap fun
By Steve

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Yaris strictly as a commuter car, for a 100 mile a day round trip commute, on the basis of the fuel economy and the expectation that I wouldn't feel bad about putting so many miles on a cheap car. As it turns out, it's actually fun to drive. With the five speed manual, this light car gives all of the acceleration I need in town and on the freeway. I'm also impressed with the "feel" of the materials. The doors close with that "thud" that you expect from a luxury sedan, rather than flimsy feel of a traditional subcompact. With its smooth ride, I have difficulty keeping my speed down on the freeway. After getting my first ticket in 20 years, I installed aftermarket cruise control

The fuel economy and low price

A six speed manual would probably provide better highway fuel mileage. At 80 miles an hour, the RPM run at about 3500. The seats could be better designed and more adjustable.

Better than expected
By MS

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought 2010 5 door Yaris for the gas mileage alone given my commute, but found the car to be enjoyable overall. I can get all 3 of my kids in the back if I need too. The manual is bright and easy to shift, power even at 1500 rpm, so I'm in 5th unless I am stopped or on steep hill. Nice stereo, with Ipod jack, "plasticy" interior but expected. zippy and I can park anywhere. If you're ready to save money and the environment get one. FYI Toyota does not make one without the power package so add 1k + to the price, I paid $14,200.

MPG, Ipod jack, MPG, price, MPG, glove boxes everywhere. The center mount speedo is no big deal, it's most obvious at night.

if it would calculate it's mpg's that would be great, too busy to do the math manually. I really did not want to know I was getting 22 mpg in my volvo, but how much over 40 mpg would be a fun activity.

Great Second Car
By D.B. Ginther

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Yaris for a year. It's a great second car with all the features necessary to get around town.

Good gas mileage and easy to drive.

gas mileage