Used 2009 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Yaris

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Super Little Car
By Toyota Fan

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car as a commuter as my husband drives 80 miles round trip daily. We have almost 34,000 miles on it and get 43-44 mpg on the highway consistently, driving at 65 mph. This car is fun to drive, corners nicely, accelerates quickly, and is amazingly quiet for a small car. I was a little antsy about safety in such a small car, until my husband hit a deer the other night at 55 mph and sustained no damage to the frame or engine compartment, nor to himself I am happy to say! We haven't experienced any problems at all with our Yaris, and plan to keep this car for a long time to come.

Reliability, safety, economy.

It was bought as a bare-bones economy car, and does the job just fine. I do wish though that the cup holders would accommodate the larger insulated cups.

Awsome car
By Cycliste1961

2009 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Absolutely love this car. Low initial cost and low cost to maintain. I have lifetime oil and filter changes. I am a no fuss guy who wants a reliable car with the lowest possible fuel consumption. Great steering wheel response. Super maneuverability and great road feel. This is equivalent to the Corolla of the 80's. A car for those of us who cannot be bothered with vehicle problems.

Fuel consumption. Interior. Maneuverability.

None

Great car
By Carl

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2008 odyssey, which i have determined is too large for city driving, but great for the long haul as we run up and down the coast from Savannah to Cocoa beach. As a result i purchased a 2009, 25,000 mile Yaris sedan to tool around town . Great car, turning radius, great fit into parking lots, easy to maneuver, and an average of 33.7MPG in the city. (mind you, not a metropolis city, but more like long island. This also removes the wear and tare from my Odyssey which i reserve for the relaxing long haul, especially since my wife likes to drive!

city driving maneuverability

Sure wish it came with the instantaneous MPG read out.

after 18 months
By harshad

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

After 18 months and 23,000 miles it's been a smooth sailing so far. I get 36- 38 mpg in spring through fall and 35 in winter. all the cup holders and bins are plus. automatic transmission is slow but adequate for commute. hope its reliability is as good as my other toyotas.

cup holders galore, decent stereo, good visibility, ingress and exit

bring diesel here, offer bluetooth

Yaris
By Natalie

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Yaris for about a year and a half and I have had no problems with the car. I used to own a small car so I am used to the small engine so this may have an effect on my review.

I really like the auxiliary jack that I can plug my phone into the car and listen to music through my phone. I also like the build of the Yaris and I have had no problems speeding up or using the AC.

No improvements. Great price, great car.