Used 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

The one you are looking for
By Amy

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car 2 days ago. I love it. It's a great economical solution to a new car. The engine is capable compared to the competition. The cabin is small but adequate for its size.

Gas mileage. MP3 player. Overall exterior appeal.

More console space. Engine noise nonexistent .Added amenities (i.e. sunroof, leather).

Cheap Car, But Not a Cheap Car!
By DavidinWisconsin

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I tried all the small fuel sipper cars before buying a Yaris Sedan. The price/performance/features won the battle for my dollar. Although the Yaris is a very inexpensive auto, it is by no means cheaply made. I'm totally enjoying it!

Seats are comfortable. Manual transmission/engine is zippy. Fit and finish is excellent. Nice trunk size.

I like the center guages, but would love to see toyota put a holograph on the windshield (in front of the driver) with just the speedometer read out. That would eliminate glancing over to monitor speed. All the other things you monitor are infrequent. I think the cupholders could be improved upon

The best car you can buy for the money!
By Formigaman

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We've only had this car for a week, but we already love it! It's very comfortable and extremely economical. We went almost 100 miles before it moved from the full mark. We've driven almost 200 miles now and still have 3/4 of a tank of gas. Handling is great, and it has a tire pressure monitoring system. Controls are laid out logically and are easy to operate. Air conditioning will put icicles on your nose! The center gauges are different and take a little time to get accustomed to, but are nice. One word of warning, it doesn't feel like you're going 70 mph, so watch your speed. Great overall car with lots of personality.

Ride, design, headlights, trunk space, seats and stereo. Also the iPod input jack is wonderful. Stereo sounds great.

Move the cupholders to a different location and also, a larger armrest would be nice when two people are riding in the front. Other than that, no other complaints.

Truth
By me

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the car less than a month, but in the 3 times that I've filled it up, I've gotten either 38-41 mpg (lot of highway with cruise control). Acceleration is not very quick, but is quick enough to get out of tight situations. If you plan on seating 5 people, the back seat curves to two bodies, but the middle is quite small.

Can change how much light is shown in the dash. Larger trunk then expected. Cheapest car with best mileage I found. Gas light blinks when you have 1.6 gallons left.

Have read that side airbags are a must for safety. Cruise control is very nice for a change.

Great Car
By Dorman

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great on gas. I heard some people don't like the looks or it's shaped like an egg. Well, think less wind resistance, equals better gas mileage. It's by far the best car or any other vehicle I ever purchased. The money I am saving on gas from driving my Ford E150 is paying for this car. I got the 4 door sedan with power locks/windows, cruise, a/c and they all work great. You can't go wrong buying one.

Everything, easy to maintain simplicity of controls. Big trunk

Arm rests need to be about an inch taller. I'm 5'10"