Used 2008 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Yaris

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Biggest little car!
By Snowy

2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great car and has exceeded my expectations. I wanted a plain old manual transmission with no other gadgets and amazingly found a used one for sale. I bought this car for gas mileage and was expecting it to be a compromise in other ways but IT IS NOT! I consistently get 29 to 32 MPG without trying to maximize fuel economy and have gotten 42 on one road trip. The size of this car is deceiving and there is plenty of room inside. With the backseat down I have been able to fit anything I need and I have even transported a medium sized desk with the hatch fully closed! It's fun, smooth, quiet and handles great! I've had a bunch of cars but I couldn't be more pleased with it.

I love the position of the cup holders and it's right where it needs to be for maximum convenience. The drivers side glove box and all the other storage areas and bottle holders in the doors and rear are great. I'm astounded at the amount of rear passenger and cargo room in such a small vehicle.

I have a huge problem with the fact that the taillights do not go on when the headlights go on automatically. I am looking for a way to modify it. The position of the wiper lever is a bit awkward and often gets bumped on during normal steering and smears the window messing up my visibility.

My Yaris Rocks!
By My Yaris Rocks

2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I loved my car from the first moment I test drove it. I think it's the cutest little car and it drives surprisingly well. It, of course, gets incredible gas mileage and I've driven in blizzards, over mountain ranges, in horrible city traffic, over dirt roads, and against 100 mph rainstorm winds, amongst other situations. The lowest gas mileage I ever got was 35 mpg. It's peppy, hardy and reliable. In fact, last month I drove it nearly 2800 miles in about 52 hours, from Maryland to southern California. It was packed FULL with half my apartment and me and my cats and we drove over the Appalachian mountains & the Rocky Mountains in Colorado & lots more, quickly and without a single problem.

This car has super responsive steering that allows me to parallel park in the smallest nearly impossible spaces and to react to crazy drivers in hundreds of situations. The seating and steering wheel arrangement is perfect for me & my tall height (I'm 5'11"). I am so comfortable sitting in this car.

A better suspension system would be good. Most people don't notice it, but those who are used to super smooth rides might be disappointed. A sturdier body would be nice, because it dents too easily (I've learned to keep it away from drunks and people who like to kick cars).

My car
By patty

2008 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

What can I say I just love it. I always own a Chevy or Ford. I can say this is one of the best cars I ever owned. Is cute and great on gas. And the dealership I bought it from they were great. They pick this car out for me and I just fell in love with it let me tell you, you can't go wrong .

Yaris fun
By Skip

2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great price, great fun to drive, great MPG worst I have gotten 33 best 46. spartan interior could use a little upgrade there on base model missing pop out back windows on 2 door hatch back. I love the absolutely red "Scarlet" Yaris

cute and economical

Pop out rear side windows on 2 door. move the passenger side electric door lock to the door not the console. Add center arm rest in 2 door model (available as after market now)

this car awful
By scooterd

2008 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car get greats gas mileage but, it rides like a truck, and the road noise is overbearing, I would only recommend this vehicle to a high school or college student.