Used 2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

YAR FOR KAR!!!!
By Karla

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am so happy with this car!!! There are tons of compartments for storage, and 5 cupholders! There is no front seat console unfortunately, but I found a website where I can get an aftermarket one that will fit my little car. I got the hatchback SPORT edition, and although that wasn't what I initially set out for, I'm so glad I got it! It's so fun, and people are always smiling at it and saying things like "sweet"! The hatchback is great for a single person like me, or just a couple, but if you have kids, the hatchback really isn't as practical as the sedan would be. This car has a lot of pick-up and power, it can climb steep hills with the best of them, especially with that 3rd gear.

It's so spacious inside, the passing 3rd gear is awesome and fun and easy to use, and it really gives the car extra power when you need to pass. MPG! I love the extra glove boxes on the drivers and passengers side of the dash board. It's a breeze to park and get out of tight spaces too.

A center console with storage and a fold out cupholder that could easily replace the existing cupholder between the 2 front seats. At least offer Cruise control in this car! A choice of interiors would also be nice, tan is a nicer option than black for hot locations.

Fun little car
By Buddy

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my Ford Excursion for this little car. After driving a monster SUV, I find this car to be nimble and quick. It's the only cheap car that a 6'2" man can slip in and out of easily. It's noisy on the freeway but handles well enough that I don't feel I'm in a death trap. I drive on Houston's busy interstate system, even in the rain and my lil' Yaris holds its own which really surprised me! I miss my monster SUV, but hey, get over it! I'm averaging 41 mpg which is almost 4 times better than my Excursion with it guzzling V10 engine. I've gotten lots of compliments and questions from strangers. This car will pay for itself in gas alone. I don't like the "cute car" comments though.

Comfortable for a cheap car and GREAT gas mpg. Interior is "different" with speedometer in the center but I like the extra glove box behind the steering wheel. It helps make my economy car seem a little different than the rest of the cars in its class.

My hatchback has a funny feeling automatic transmission when I'm on the interstate. It slows down pretty fast if I let off the gas petal at 65 mph. The gas and brake petals are too close for a man with a size 14 shoe. These are small complaints given the money I will save in the long run. I love it!

Love This Car!
By Lisa

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I carefully researched this vehicle, comparing consumer reviews, cost, safety, and insurance premiums for the Yaris, Fit and Aveo. The Yaris won "hands-down" and was worth the one month wait for my vehicle. My Yaris is replacing our Ford Escape in my daily commute. I am now driving twice as far on 1/2 the price of gas. There is also plenty of interior space with the versatile seating capability. I packed the car for a trip "north" with golf clubs, gym bags, bike rack, dog and kennel. There was plenty of room to spare.

MP3 jack, MPG, quiet ride, versatile seating, fun to drive

Sun roof, arm rest

My 1st NEW car - EVER @ 48yrs old
By Rex

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have always been the 3rd/4th owner of every vehicle I've ever had. Finally decided to get a new car (thinking of gas mileage), researched the Yaris hatchback. Well I have had it 1wk ago today. Awesome mileage, 175 mi thus far - and only used a 1/4 tank.. I love my car! I went from a gas eating 81 Ford f150 to this Yaris. And I'm completely satisfied!

ALL of them thus far. Stereo is great, steering A+, mileage>>woohooo!!! I don't have a "favorite" yet - I'm just in awe of my car still!

Great MPG
By Roy

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2008 Yaris sight unseen and never test drove the model. I am pleased with the ride and build quality. This car is not a Camry, but rides remarkably well for a small car. I was surprised at the noise level in the car. I was expecting very noisy, but find the sound level to be tolerable. I have achieved 45 mpg on the highway which is amazing. The car is rated for 37 highway, but I have run thru 2 tanks of gas and registered 44 & 45 mpg. The only secret to my success is driving no faster than 60 mph. The car is quiet enough at that speed and it is also the sweet spot for MPG. If you want great MPG drive this car gently and you won't be disappointed

MPG - A/C works great. Seat is ok on comfort. Power windows and door locks. Inside space is large for such a small car. The styling of the car is great. People always smile when the look at it.

Make the rub strip on the rear bumper standard. Equip the car with luxury features like the Camry.