Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews - 401 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

37 Miles to the gallon
By pwrbrain78

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am very analytical and chose my Yaris based on reviews and talking with Toyota employees and a lot of research. I have found the car to be extremely well built and have literally had no problems with it, (knock on wood). The warranty just ran out so we will see if it does stand the test of time. I was driving quite far everyday and driving about 70/30 highway and getting (even w/ the A/C on) about 36-37 mpg with the Yaris and it's an automatic. I am a bit of a lead foot too. So I would recommend this to anyone looking for a reliable, efficient and cost effective car. Keep it maintained and it should last no problem.

The small glove box on the drivers side, too small for much but easy to get important things.

Make a hybrid model. Make the front seat bigger and back a bit smaller. I'm almost 6' tall, if I were any taller I couldn't drive the car.

Solid Car
By mbender

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Yaris 3 years ago to upgrade from an old, fuel-guzzling Dodge Dakota. In the three years I've owned, there have been no major repairs, no problems, only standard maintenance. My gas mileage has ranged anywhere from 34-40 mpg.

Accessible side cup holders. Spacious interior for size of car. Trunk space. Fuel economy is amazing.

Acceleration is weak. Safety ratings are low, but that's to be expected with such a compact car. Never had an accident with it, so no experience with safety ratings.

Yaris is best overall buy for a vehicle
By bfergalicious

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Yaris is great car for someone who is going to be driving in the car 90% of the time by themselves. Excellent real world fuel economy if you do not drive with a heavy foot. Very low maintenance if you take of this vehicle, it will take care of you. the car is very peppy on the road, but the location of the beverage holders in front of the vents is annoying. Great bang for the buck. Have almost 70,000 miles and im just getting started. will keep this yaris for the next 20 years. This car is better than a hybrid because you get excellent fuel economy,dependability and low maintenance costs and don't have to pay premium to get that with yaris. i love my yaris

good looks and dependability

20 horsepower boost make the Yaris fun to drive while keeping the same excellent fuel economy.

Yuri the Yaris
By 2007 Yaris

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love li'l Yuri the Yaris . 61,000 miles and no problems. the light is on for abs braking system. Changed the brake pads -- guess I will need to take Yuri to the Toyota Dealer to shut off the light. there are blind spots on the post --easy to get into an accident -- but I have never been hit -- I am a careful driver. the trunk rubber seal is out whack . No big deal. this car has been fun to drive and has has excellent gas mileage since I bought it in 5/2006. When I look at other cars on the market I think yes those are cool BUT you can't beat the gas mileage

cup holders and it is zippy

trunk liners rubber

my great friend in the highway!
By The traveler

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have this Yaris since 08/2007 and by fun and pleasure I have traveled the 48 states of USA but Alaska, so far, in this car. I am going to let you know something about this little vehicle: I cannot complain at all about it. I have made 6 trips in order to cover all the USA and, as far as mechanical problems is concerned, nothing has happened to it. It has at this point in time 75,000 mi on it, and I have not even had the need to change neither brakes or clutch. It runs perfect, so far. Since I got it (0 mi) I have been changing oil every 3000 miles, not 5000 ones like the dealerships advice. Hopefully, if you have one of these toys do not let the opportunity of enjoying it go. Just do it.