Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan Consumer Reviews - 221 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Good First Car
By Trippmatic

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

While I haven't had my vehicle long enough to warrant an in depth review, thus far it has been a pleasure to drive and very good on fuel. I will not remark on its reliability except to say that it has 26000 miles on it so far and no reported maintenance other than tire repair and replacement. It is a great economy car, perhaps the best, when considering cost of maintenance, cost to drive, looks, ease of operation, and the fact that it is a Toyota.

Small and maneuverable, great fuel economy (40 MPG best, 34 MPG worst), comes with Aux input for the stereo (What's a CD?), and has OK exterior styling, plus good room for driver and passengers.

The interior is cheap looking and the dash rattles a little at high speeds. The exterior could use a few aesthetic improvements. Overall great car, definitely not a luxury auto.

You get what you buy
By louie

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Its a nice little car. Great for small family or single folks. I had to get rid of it less than two years with it. The odometer, gas reading, dials etc in the middle is just too weird. Not very strong engine. Cup holders are one size and wrong spot to have it. Auxiliary plug is on passengers side. Too difficult too reach when on drivers side. Seats are uncomfortable and hard. Miles per gallon are 33 with city and highway. Side compartment storage in front too deep and thin.

Gas efficient

See above.

Dances in the Wind
By yara

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Loved my Yaris. Cute, small, easy to park anywhere, and easy to drive. Fit a very tall family of four fine. Only problem was that it got blown all over the road when it was windy. Not a problem in places with little wind, but here, especially in snow or ice with wind, it was a problem. It was totaled this weekend (hit in the front driver side tire at about 30 mph), but I (the driver) was not injured.

Gas mileage

Move dials on dashboard to driver side. Make plug for iPod more easily accessible.

Stylish, Reliable, Good Mpg, Bad on Snow
By Jill

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love everything about this car except the lack of power and maneuverability on snow - it likes to slip, slide, and get stuck in a couple inches of snow pretty easily (I live in Wisconsin). In non-snow and non-icy conditions, it drives smoothly and has plenty of pep for the size. I love the way it looks inside and out. It is roomier than it would appear from the outside. The cupholders are extremely handy - better placed than any other car I have owned. Best of all, I get excellent gas mileage - overall I get around 34-35 mpg, but on a long all-highway trip I am able to get 38. That's hard to beat with a non-hybrid - and this car is comfortable! I would highly recommend this vehicle overall!

Placement of the cupholders, adjustable driver's seat (up, down, forward and back), excellent gas mileage, comfortable, reliable, very roomy for a compact car.

Better maneuverability on snow and ice - my car does have ABS, but lacks power in snowy and icy conditions.

Love - Hate relationship
By love/haterealtionshp

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Yaris for a little over a year and a half. Amazing gas mileage one of the things I love, it's got quite a lot of oomph when you want it. I think it's probably best as a tuner car. I don't recommend it as a family sedan though, unless you have snow tires on it, it slides everywhere in the winter, the car's too light for decent winter driving. Also I'm expecting and am very afraid to put my child in the car, I've seen them get totaled at 15 mph. As much as I do love this little car, I hate it at the same time, wish it was safer. As it stands with a little one on the way I'm searching for something else. It'll make me sad to see it go, but I gotta do what's best for my family.

She moves.

at least bank the center instrument cluster towards the driver. It also needs a better all over structure so it'll hold up better in a crash