Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews - 401 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Great little big car
By Yaris Fan

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have had Yaris for 1900 miles or 2 1/2 weeks. Trip to Maine and 103 miles per day work. Its ride is very good for its size. Handles on highway much better than I thought, hugs the road and can change lane in a flash when needed. Gas mileage is way better than EPA states. I have averaged 42 plus miles per gallon since first day. 42 the lowest going to Maine averaged 78 MPH A/C on and I got 42.18 MPG. Best so far 43.50 MPG. That is combination city and highway. I don't race or see if I can beat everyone to the stop sign or light. I get there 1/2 second later and about $3.00 cheaper. If you want a car that is great on MPG then Yaris can not be beat for the money.

MPG. Brakes and looks. Looks like the car from the cartoon CARS. Always has a smile. Total cost to run this car. WOW. Better than hybrids.

Can't think of one yet without costing to much.

Unique Styling, Outstanding Mileage
By micweb

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the type of car I expected from VW - compact, highly efficient, well made, and innovative. Well, I had to go to Toyota to get it, but at least there are a ton of Toyota dealers to get it serviced at! :-) I gave up some creature comforts that I hardly miss - like power windows etc. - but got a great price. This puppy accelerates FAST with a 5 speed. It is more sporty than my old VW Golf! At the same time I am getting 35-37 mpg during this break-in period on my freeway commute. Quiet when cruising. Engine noise when accelerating, but that's the trade off for a sub-2500 pound car that does well in NHTSA, NCAP, and IIHS crash tests. I'm a happy new owner!

Unique styling. Smooth engine with great acceleration (5 speed). Toyota build quality. Great gas mileage. Exceptionally spacious for one, roomy enough for 2. Kids only in back, please!

The "flaps" on the back of the cargo panel dangle down and eat up cargo space. Find a "scuff resistant" plastic material for the lower part of the door. Even using the windows results in scuff marks! Give us the knee and side airbags on the Euro version!

I Love My Little Yaris!
By Laurie

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a little over a month ago, and have really enjoyed it. It's my first new car, so I've been really careful during the "break in" process. I can tell it has gotten smoother during this time. The steering is awesome! I also have come to really like the center console design. It's easy to use and find all the controls. Sometimes I wish there were a tachometer, but it's not a big deal. This is a great car for anyone who just wants a buzz-around car! It does great on the highway as well, although it has a harder time accelerating on hills (and with more than 2 adults in the car). But I still love it for what it is!!

Size, steering, body style/looks, gas mileage, practicality.

Limited view out of the back.

Extremely Pleased!
By matt_n

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really do love my Yaris. I was a bit skeptical after reading some reviews from various editors, but in the end I decided to trust the consumer reviews, and I'm glad I did. As long as you understand that you are not going to have the fastest car in the world, I think you will be pleased if you purchase a Yaris. I have a light touch on the pedal to conserve my MPG, but it has no problem traveling in the fast lane. I have never driven a hatchback, but now I am hooked forever! Some reviews talk about a lack of a fun factor, but trust me, it's a lot more fun than handling a big truck or SUV. It's a great feeling to fill up my tank and know it's going to last me the week! That alone is worth it.

The auxiliary jack. I have to be able to listen to my music library on my MP3 player wherever I go! It's a smooth ride. The look of the car is nice, and the color (Meteorite Metallic) is MUCH nicer than it appears on the Toyota website.

Just a slightly better sound system. I just wish it would be a little louder. It's adequate though, and it's an easy upgrade. Asking anything else, such as more power, is kind of beside the point. It comes with the territory with a small/cheap car like the Yaris. Thats how you get your MPG!

Great for the money
By jonesmiddle

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I drive mostly in the city, and I usually get around 36 mpg with the automatic transmission. The handling is adequate for the car, but it could be a bit better. The interior is nicley finished, but it would be better if the speedometer, etc., were in front of the driver by the steering wheel instead of to the side. The seats are pretty comfortable and there is plenty of room in the rear seats and in the trunk. It took me a while to find the ABS that I wanted though. Adding a turbocharged engine could help up performance while pushing fuel consumption even lower and improving performance.

Great gas mileage, low price even with the most expensive packages, great looking exterior

Liven up handling and add at least another gear to the transmission. Upgrading the interior wouldn't hurt any. Toyota could make a statement by offering a very good quality, very low cost hybrid car. This car gets almost as much as the Prius in the city and as a hybrid it could get even more.